Football on TV

That was my first thought. And it’s possible obviously.

But on reflection, they wouldn’t really need to test the waters. They know everyone would be dead against it.

So on probability, I think most likely just an error.
Sly wouldn't give a fuck if everyone was against it, if they smell profit they'd do it.

Sly wouldn't give a fuck if everyone was against it, if they smell profit they'd do it.
When an advert starts a YouTube video I've started to watch, I'm more likely to boycott the product if only due to impatience.

Well they haven’t done it yet, in 30 odd years of covering football. So there must be a reason for that.

I’m inclined to believe it was most likely just a case of someone pressing a button at the wrong time but who knows?

I remember watching an interview with a Sky exec. when they were planning their first PPV boxing event. Tyson/ Bruno I think.

And he absolutely guaranteed that it was a complete one off and they had no plans to make PPV a regular thing.
Thankfully, Sty dropped their PPV screening of Football League games.

I wouldn't trust a word they say, not sure if you can remember the Steel City Derby game where they played crowd noises over the Last Post, people were calling fans of both clubs out over social media until people who were at the game said the fans were silent and the minutes silence was impeccably observed.

Sky said nothing during the game but then offered a half hearted apology afterwards, when the damage has been done and less people see it.

City's large fan base and small away grounds.

Sty knew they were on to a winner. Colchester was one, IIRC.

Bristol Rovers another. 5.30 KO if I remember right.

Even with City’s support, I’m struggling to believe there could have been much money in it. Absolutely no one is paying for PPV for a division 3 game unless you’re a fan of the clubs.

Think every game was either City or Sunderland away.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.