Footballers Collapsing/Becoming ill

Not saying its the cause but can't be helping..
This was my first thought. It wasn't long ago that it was banned. I remember doing sports in my youth and being told that Red Bull wasn't allowed because of its high levels of caffeine. I wonder if the ban on caffeine being lifted coincided at all with Red Bull starting to sponsor loads of sports.

You need to remove Eriksen, Aguero and Wyke from your list.

Aguero has Brugada syndrome, it's genetic and he's known he had an issue since he was a teenager.

Wyke wasn't vaccinated.

Eriksen wasn't vaccinated. https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/s...-he-had-no-history-heart-concerns-2021-06-13/

So perhaps also change the title of the thread to Footballer collapsing/becoming ill.
Did either of them have covid at any point?

Anyway, this has been going on for a lot longer than covid has been around.

Not saying its the cause but can't be helping..
When you can legally buy stuff like this: Caffeine in Spike Energy Double Shot (caffeineinformer.com) it's no wonder people are having issues. It's the equivalent of chugging down 6 espresso shots, and although it's technically 2 servings nobody ever adheres to that.

There is also this stuff: What is mate tea? The drink Lionel Messi, Luis Suarez, Antoine Griezmann & England footballers love | Goal.com that a lot of South American players like to drink, including Sergio. It can have a very high caffeine content.

Last edited:
You need to remove Eriksen, Aguero and Wyke from your list.

Aguero has Brugada syndrome, it's genetic and he's known he had an issue since he was a teenager.

Wyke wasn't vaccinated.

Eriksen wasn't vaccinated. https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/s...-he-had-no-history-heart-concerns-2021-06-13/

So perhaps also change the title of the thread to Footballer collapsing/becoming ill.
well no, because 2 of the othe 3 collapsed and the other became ill and needed immediate medical attention with a heart issue that suddenly flared up after passing medical after medical and him being pretty much fine his whole career, so why now is a pertinent question given the other cases.

Being unvaccinated answers 1 word of a paragraph. People wilfully misrepresenting what the OP is asking are missing the point in damaging fashion.

The medical profession don't really know what causes a sudden cardiac arrest. There is a common misconception that it is definately linked to heart defects, but it is not mostly the case. SCA's are an 'electrical' problem, where as heart attacks are ' plumbing' issues.
SCA's can be infections or nerve problems, so best not to lump them all together. I was fit, normal blood pressure, cholestrol and BP ( was told my heart was strong after tests 6 weeks before) until just before. I got lucky. I get to see great football still.There has been an increase in defib units, but more are needed and a national database, easily accessable, of where they are.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.