Footballs' Hardmen

I remember George Best on Parkinson many years ago talking about hard men “Some people call them hard men, I call them dirty bastards”.

Anyone remember a goon named Ian Ure, who played for the Rags (and Arsenal I think). He was a complete thug.
Strange you should mention Ian Ure.True story this,I took my missus to OT in the 1970`s as she`s a Rag and I saw Ure get sent off for going straight through the back of Malcolm Macdonald.One ugly and dirty fucker who was a real shit player and was the same at the Gooners.

Kompany always carried that aura to me. He did it without having to posture, scowl or scream at referees, but you could tell from the way he walked around the pitch that he wasn't someone you wanted to mess with. As far as I remember he never got involved in any on-field scraps but I get the impression he would have won them if he did.

Very surprised that Buzzer so far hasn`t got a mention.Never flinched out of a tackle and ask any of the older left backs who they hated playing against and Buzzers name was regularly on that list.Always up for good scrap against Eddie ?? the Scottish Chelsea full back who was also a hard lad.

Kompany always carried that aura to me. He did it without having to posture, scowl or scream at referees, but you could tell from the way he walked around the pitch that he wasn't someone you wanted to mess with. As far as I remember he never got involved in any on-field scraps but I get the impression he would have won them if he did.
Am I wrong in thinking that he was a Dan in Judo or was that "our Nige" ?? Or both ??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.