For any member of the City Matters Committee

I agree 1000%.

It feels like I've been talking about Gary Cook a lot recently on here - probably because in terms of fan engagement and general "give a shitness" the club is at an all-time low. Which is something that would never have happened on his watch.

On the pitch City are in-cred-i-ble of course. But off it, everything to do with supporter services and the "fan experience" is third division at best.

I go to rugby league every now and again. There's no money in that sport at all and even a lot of super league clubs are on their arse, but the service and care for fans at the grounds is miles ahead of City.
So very true.

How many times has the CEO spoken to the fans?

Once that I can think of, and that was when the club was in the doodoo with FFP.

While we're talking about City Sq, does anyone know whose bright idea it was to book the "Paul Hand Band"?

Shite tacky wedding band versions of "We've got Guardiola". I mean come on...if United or Liverpool did that kind of shite we'd be ripping the piss out of them. Fucking dreadful.

In general I like the idea of local young bands getting a taste of playing to a live audience though before the match. It's a good idea and I hope it continues.

These twats can get in the bin though.

The ticket office at City has always seemed to work in strange ways.
Pretty sure one year you had to que up during an actual match to get tickets for the Kippax for the FA Cup quarter final against Liverpool (think it might have been a midweek match against someone like Hull?)
My brother did the honourable thing and stood in the que (as he lived nearer to Maine Road than me) whilst I watched the game.Think he missed pretty much the whole first half?
Queuing for Wembley and the like tickets on a particular day was a thing at Maine Road. We used to send Uncle Bob as he was retired. Long queues, if Bluemoon existed back then there would have been loads of complaints.

Even if the executives or those in charge of "fan experience " can't get around to actually trying to experience the lot of the ordinary, non corporate fan, surely they could read the several threads on here about queuing, catering, transport, parking and the like and try and address the issues.

CM needs a frontman who would force some of these issues …….. we need Buzzer as our Leader

There's an old saying about not biting the hand that feeds you....

If we're going down the former player route, I'd rather see one who wasn't already sitting very comfortably in the Directors box.

As passionate as he may be, Mike Summerbee hasn't been 'one of us' for a very long time.

While we're talking about City Sq, does anyone know whose bright idea it was to book the "Paul Hand Band"?

Shite tacky wedding band versions of "We've got Guardiola". I mean come on...if United or Liverpool did that kind of shite we'd be ripping the piss out of them. Fucking dreadful.

In general I like the idea of local young bands getting a taste of playing to a live audience though before the match. It's a good idea and I hope it continues.

These twats can get in the bin though.
First class comment.

You are Lester Bangs and I claim my £5.

:-)

There's an old saying about not biting the hand that feeds you....

If we're going down the former player route, I'd rather see one who wasn't already sitting very comfortably in the Directors box.

As passionate as he may be, Mike Summerbee hasn't been 'one of us' for a very long time.
The same Summerbee that vowed never to return to Maine Road after his Nicky was booed mercilessly on his return with Sunderland. Soon changed that melody when we hit the jackpot

You are so right, senior managers should always test things for themselves. I once had some dealings with a company that sourced the majority of their business online. One day, I discovered that their website was down. This continued for a week. I contacted the head of sales and he was shocked. I asked him whose job it was to test the website each day. He said "Oh......er". Nuff said.
When I was working we had regular back to the floor sessions. They were very valuable in picking up things that are hidden by middle management layers. If Txiki or Sorriano can’t do it I am sure they have more than enough trusted henchmen to do it for them. An after game metro trip out to Ashton might make them take some notice.

You're entitled to what the club want to share. They're a commercial operation in a very competitive business and we are just customers essentially. Does any other business you deal with choose to share commercially sensitive information with you?

How about you share all the details of your income and expenditure on here?
Wasn't the only reason we have city matters because there was a mandate from the Premier league that clubs had to have a mechanism to discuss issues with fans? If the club are not prepared to share information what is the point of CM?

Queuing for Wembley and the like tickets on a particular day was a thing at Maine Road. We used to send Uncle Bob as he was retired. Long queues, if Bluemoon existed back then there would have been loads of complaints.
But it was a time of genuine togetherness. We were all in the same boat, moaning and having a laugh in equal measures. Lifelong friendships were made in those queues, and the tales we tell have become the stuff of legend.

It's the 21st century now. This lot have the money and tools to make things a thousand times better and easier for the 'everyday' supporters but they don't. Given the recent/ongoing circumstances, it's quite clear that they don't actually care.at all.

Compared to Maine Road and the Garry Cook days, it would be reasonable to say that the current owners treat traditional fans like third or fourth class customers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.