For Man City Fan in Mississippi

blue banks said:
Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
blue banks said:
(i'm not Man City fan in Mississippi. I'm just facilitating him/her and placing her topic in broader reach)

But are you a Man City fan from anywhere? City fans don't call themselves 'Man City' fans! There's a lot of Rags sniffing around now Van Snaal has had his first presser!!

City fan from Cork, Ireland. Just quoting our new US friend's name verbatim. See my post in this thread:

I became a fan when I won a competition to meet Niall Quinn (striker from the early 90s) in my local hotel (in Cork, Ireland).
I was 10 or so and since then I've supported them.

I'll always think of City as a club where there is always something - high expectations, low expectations, extreme despair, extreme joy, crazy goings on - it's never boring or run of the mill.
I like to think we're unique in that but we're probably not - it's just being a City fan you kinda get blinkered a little.

Enjoy the ride,
R

Are yer still mourning the passin' o' The Emerald Prince? I still have a soft spot for little Stevie!

blue banks said:
But are you a Man City fan from anywhere? City fans don't call themselves 'Man City' fans! There's a lot of Rags sniffing around now Van Snaal has had his first presser!!

City fan from Cork, Ireland. Just quoting our new US friend's name verbatim. See my post in this thread:

I became a fan when I won a competition to meet Niall Quinn (striker from the early 90s) in my local hotel (in Cork, Ireland).

I'll always think of City as a club where there is always something - high expectations, low expectations, extreme despair, extreme joy, crazy goings on - it's never boring or run of the mill.
I like to think we're unique in that but we're probably not - it's just being a City fan you kinda get blinkered a little.

Enjoy the ride,
R

Are yer still mourning the passin' o' The Emerald Prince? I still have a soft spot for little Stevie!

Cobh, where he was granted unto us, is just down the road from me. It has a bit of a reputation of being populated by 'strange folk'.

When we had a midfield of Gary Megson and Peter Reid my brother used to taunt me with the chant: 'City are the Old Men in Blue'.

blue banks said:
blue banks said:

Enjoy the ride,
R

Cobh, where he was granted unto us, is just down the road from me. It has a bit of a reputation of being populated by 'strange folk'.
I thought that was true for all of Cork?

;-)

jimharri said:
blue banks said:

I thought that was true for all of Cork?

;-)

Zing! Well played Sir. :)

blue banks said:
blue banks said:

Enjoy the ride,
R

I can understand that. We have a similar place down the end of the East Lancs.

6 pages and not a mention of 'typical City' maybe Garry Cook was right ;)

The website is a great way for you to learn more about the team, loads of video content.

1. Best players on the team - You'll find your own but most English fans love a player who works hard,plays aggressively and has the required skills, Zabaleta is the embodiment of this. David Silva is a magician. Yaya Toure is a touchy topic at the moment but he's one of a kind. Aguero is sensational (when he's fit) and Kompany is probably the best defender in the world.

2. Who are your bitter rivals? - The rags - if you have a bit of a search there's probably threads on why they're called that. Liverpool were pretty insufferable last season and there's a historic rivalry between the two cities. Chelsea, almost entirely because of Mourinho though.

3. What is your play style? All out attack for the most part.

4. What is your best known chant/song? (I want this for my signature on the forum I originate from) - Bluemoon is what most neutrals would associate us with, 'We're not really here' is my favourite though.

5. Expected success level for the season? I know "we" are current league champions, and I actually watched many games last year (for fantasy football reasons), but did not have a specific team to cheer for. I do now! - We should be challenging for the title again, take nothing for granted though.

6. Any other cool stuff a fan ought to know. - Take a look through the history section, maybe buy a Gary James book.

Sat on the loo watching some of these videos and holding back tears.
God I'm fookin proud to be a blue. Makes me chest swell so much and puts a few things into perspective.

Fook Yaya, he will never know the pride I feel or the pain a have fought, fook Tevez and his golfing holiday, fook the rag c*nts - there shit anyway.
Today and forever I am fookin BLUE!!

Sorry on my tab.

Can someone post this from you tube for our American lads

Manchester City fans- bluemoon 2007

Hairs raised on neck stuff

Rascal said:
Sorry on my tab.

Can someone post this from you tube for our American lads

Manchester City fans- bluemoon 2007

Hairs raised on neck stuff

<a class="postlink" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-Rvugl84TE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-Rvugl84TE</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.