For once, my sympathies are with the cyclist

What we're looking for is common sense. The pedestrian was, AT LEAST, equally culpable. Where's the damages awarded against her?

This is where it is stupid, the judge said something along the lines of 'I find Miss X to be 40% to blame (I don't know the percentage)'

The problem is she wasn't being sued he was, so they cannot award damages against her.

This is where it is stupid, the judge said something along the lines of 'I find Miss X to be 40% to blame (I don't know the percentage)'

The problem is she wasn't being sued he was, so they cannot award damages against her.
The judge said she didn't know why the cyclist didn't claim. She also said the level of costs are unusual. "This is not the normal sort of bill one would expect to see in a case of this type".

Last edited:
When you're driving, you hate pedestrians.

When you're a pedestrians, you hate drivers.

But no matter what, you always fucking hate people on bicycles.

When you're driving, you hate pedestrians.

When you're a pedestrians, you hate drivers.

But no matter what, you always fucking hate people on bicycles.
And when you’re a cyclist you hate knobheads. You’re not too pushed whether they’re drivers or pedestrians.

Last edited:
I have to say that I find cyclists in the UK, and especially in London, extraodinarily aggressive. And I should add that I do not own a motor car and haven't done for something like fifteen years. On the contrary, I own a bike, and I love using it.
BUT: if all the details of this are correct, it is my considered opinion that the woman in question should be given a heavy fine, and possibly a suspended sentence. Anybody stepping off a kerb using a mobile phone and onto a road that is busy with traffic is totally out of order. As is anyone using one at the wheel. There is no conceivable conversation that anybody could be having that warrants it. Just possibly if someone were telling you that you mother were on her death bed, and you had to come at once. And even then, it's not easy to understand why you would want to prolong the conversation in the street without stopping for a few seconds, and then ending the call.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.