For the super statisticians

My biggest gripe is people not taking their seats before kick off and at half time. Players running out to a half empty stadium. I think thats worse than leaving early. Thoughts ?

I think that all three scenarios are irritating, my row is almost empty come 85 minutes. And just before half time people rushing to get to the concourse. Why? And then either not coming back at all or coming back after the match has kicked off again. Why?

I just do not understand this rush to get away. As the God that is Mike Summerbee says in the programme yesterday: "You wouldn't walk out of the cinema, the theatre or a concert with 10 minutes to go so why do many people feel compelled to leave the Etihad after 80 minutes?"

But my favourite bit from Mike's article is: " It's a good job when I was a player that I didn't have that mentality and head for the bus stop or the car park with 10 minutes to go! WE FIGHT TO THE END AS A TEAM AND WE AS SUPPORTERS SHOULD TRY AND STAY TO THE END." (My capitals & bold not Mike's)

Well said Mike Summerbee.

I think that all three scenarios are irritating, my row is almost empty come 85 minutes. And just before half time people rushing to get to the concourse. Why? And then either not coming back at all or coming back after the match has kicked off again. Why?

I just do not understand this rush to get away. As the God that is Mike Summerbee says in the programme yesterday: "You wouldn't walk out of the cinema, the theatre or a concert with 10 minutes to go so why do many people feel compelled to leave the Etihad after 80 minutes?"

But my favourite bit from Mike's article is: " It's a good job when I was a player that I didn't have that mentality and head for the bus stop or the car park with 10 minutes to go! WE FIGHT TO THE END AS A TEAM AND WE AS SUPPORTERS SHOULD TRY AND STAY TO THE END." (My capitals & bold not Mike's)

And if Buzzer's saying it in the programme then I presume it's seen as an issue by the club.

It's getting ridiculous. You expect it at places like Villa & Sunderland, whn they're 3 or 4 down after 80 minutes but yesterday was a tight, tight game. It's completely embarrassing that even after an exceptional performance, the lads on the pitch are greeted by a half-empty stadium at the final whistle. I'd suggest this upsets the players far more than the booing of the UEFA theme.

Sorry Buzzer. If it's a film my wife picked then i'm half way home before the opening credits.

Well getting away from the Etihad was bad but with the South Stand extension it's now just awful.
One hour to get out of many of the bigger car parks this season. The traffic lights within a mile of the ground are not adjusted at the end of matches to aid exit either. Manchester City council and GMP clearly want grid-lock for some reason.

Back in the day I can remember the police manning the first few lights on Princess Parkway and waving all the football traffic through to help get it away.

Actually Buzzer people do leave early and are constantly up and down at concerts. It's a universal irritation !

What got me was that people were leaving AS Yaya was getting ready to take his penalty (south stand tier 3) couldn't believe it! Can understand that some people have to leave but it's getting ridiculous now!

The problem with the Mancunian way at the moment isn't helping the early leaving problem. If you are travelling South or West you have it in the back of your head that the traffic is gonna be bad.

If you are going East via Droylsden there doesn't seem to be a problem traffic wise. Must admit though, we always stay til everyone has left the pitch and just wait for the traffic to die down. I hate seeing how empty our ground is these days at 90 mins, it's a lot worse than Old Trafford!

Only once have I EVER left a City match early, and that was last year at home v Villa when they pulled it back to 2-2, horrible defending. I got my comeuppance though cos I missed Fernandinho's winner so never again will I leave early.

Left 3 minutes early once and missed Irelands superman goal vs Reading. Won't happen again. I just accept it'll be two hours getting home and chill my beans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.