For those Blues that are no longer here

Just thought about posting in this thread - I'll be thinking of my Gran and uncle - both huge Blues that are no longer with us.

I might think about printing an A4 pic of each of them to take too...bit soppy maybe...?

Also - to add to the Rush strand of the thread - hopefully all the Blues that have gone will be "Working Them Angels - overtime!" this weekend!

(Happened to literally bump into Geddy after the gig in Prague a few years back while he was wandering round the castle...and also got a "meet & greet" pass for the MEN last year so met Alex and Ged...top guys!)

mcfc2112 said:
Just thought about posting in this thread - I'll be thinking of my Gran and uncle - both huge Blues that are no longer with us.

I might think about printing an A4 pic of each of them to take too...bit soppy maybe...?

Also - to add to the Rush strand of the thread - hopefully all the Blues that have gone will be "Working Them Angels - overtime!" this weekend!

(Happened to literally bump into Geddy after the gig in Prague a few years back while he was wandering round the castle...and also got a "meet & greet" pass for the MEN last year so met Alex and Ged...top guys!)

Kin ell I made this post for all those Blues passed not to be forgotten on Sunday not for every sodding Rush fan to come on and tell me they've all met the band at some time or another.

Im JEALOUS ok!!!!

Seriously only joking guys. It's refreshing to find so many other Rush followers and so many are also Blues.

To my dad (passed away 1982), grandad (1999), & partners father in law (2011).....Sunday will be for you 3 & the 1000's 0f blues not here to see this momentous day.

..............THE BLUE MOON HAS NEARLY RISEN..................

To those like myself who are so lucky to have their city parental mentors around, cherish the next 10 years and fingers crossed, we will cross the line next Sunday

Will take a moment to remember my mam and dad who were still season tickets holders when they passed away.
Also remember Scarblu and Steve King great original characters from Bluemoon

Nice one OP.

I'll be thinking of my grandad who died just before kick-off of the City v United Carling Cup semi.

30 years he'd waited to see us in a semi-final and he dies the night we do it. He would have said that was his kind of luck, but never once did he grumble or moan, there was never a truer gent or a funnier guy to have a drink with. He was my mentor both in life and all things City.

Come on blues. Let's make all these amazing people proud.

For my uncle Mark Anthony Hogan, he took me to my first game at the etihad after 3 years of living down south and rekindled my passion for the mighty blues. He was one of the most passionate blues i've ever known. He diedin thailand in a crash shortly after the horrible 8-1 defeat by middlesborough.
I visit his grave before every important game and shall be doing the same on sunday.
R.I.P Mark you will never be forgotten.<br /><br />-- Tue May 08, 2012 6:38 am --<br /><br />For my uncle Mark Anthony Hogan, he took me to my first game at the etihad after 3 years of living down south and rekindled my passion for the mighty blues. He was one of the most passionate blues i've ever known. He died in thailand in a crash shortly after the horrible 8-1 defeat by middlesborough.
I visit his grave before every important game and shall be doing the same on sunday.
R.I.P Mark you will never be forgotten.

For my dad, who I'm absolutely convinced has had a say in this since he died last February before the overhead shin match at the swamp.

I simply couldn't understand how we had lost that game given that I knew he would be 'having a word' from the moment he got up there - now I understand.

Come on city, bring it home...

For my Dad who died in March last year. Always spoke about City on the phone every week, now my Mum's started watching the games, taking over what Dad started.

RIP

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.