For those Blues that are no longer here

for my Dad the closet Blue and my Uncle who took me to see City play at Stoke when we were the finest team in England at the age of 10 and then took me on the Kippax for the first time

RIP

Pete, passed away a few years ago.
He is the reason I am a Blue, way back in season 65-66 we were chasing promotion out of the second division.We were both second years in an all boys catholic school .
You guys cannot imagine the grip the rags had on Manchester at that time, the school was 99% red.
Pete was a fanatic and one of the immortal few at the Swindon home game when we recorded what I think was our lowest league gate.
Forget York away, Swindon at home in front of a handfull of people was the lowest point, just before Alison and Mercer arrived.
I was not really interested in any team but one Monday mid winter morning Pete as usual had his scarf on but was surrounded by 6 rags clearly giving him a hard time , I watched from a distance and realised this was brewing up.
Walked over and stood next to him and we both started giving it them back, they slunk off.Without realising it I had nailed my colours to Gods own team and not regreted a day since. Well maybe once or twice but thats another story.

Never really got know you properly Grandad Brian as you tragically passed away when you was 55 and I was only a toddler at the time, but you'll be in my thoughts tomorrow and will be singing for both of us. Cmon City.

For my Great Uncle. John Penlington 1907--1996. Bought me my first season ticket when I was 13 and went to every home game for nearly 60 years.

And my Gran and Grandad. Hilda and John Grace. Both dead these last few years. When I was at the FAC parade last year I suddenly realised it was 20 years to the day since he had passed and it added poignancy to me and my lad standing there on Portland Street.

Gran was buried in City Blue in 2005, to match her lovely Irish blue eyes.

And for Scar and Kingy. They would have loved this.

mrt4919 said:
Pete, passed away a few years ago.
He is the reason I am a Blue, way back in season 65-66 we were chasing promotion out of the second division.We were both second years in an all boys catholic school .
You guys cannot imagine the grip the rags had on Manchester at that time, the school was 99% red.
Pete was a fanatic and one of the immortal few at the Swindon home game when we recorded what I think was our lowest league gate.
Forget York away, Swindon at home in front of a handfull of people was the lowest point, just before Alison and Mercer arrived.
I was not really interested in any team but one Monday mid winter morning Pete as usual had his scarf on but was surrounded by 6 rags clearly giving him a hard time , I watched from a distance and realised this was brewing up.
Walked over and stood next to him and we both started giving it them back, they slunk off.Without realising it I had nailed my colours to Gods own team and not regreted a day since. Well maybe once or twice but thats another story.

great post.

For my Dad. When I was 2 years old he took me to my first City game, a friendly at Scarbrough's McCain stadium in '96. From that day on I never looked back. When I was born my Dad was at Maine Road and waited for the game to finish before trecking back home to the hospital, my Mam never did forgive him for that, Haha!

He died a few months back, He saw City beat Gillingham in '99, he saw us knock United out of the FA Cup and go on to lift the trophy and he saw us hammer United 6-1 at the swamp. If only he was alive to see what's going to happen tommorow, I would've loved to share it with the bloke who introduced me to this wonderful club.

RIP Dad.

Let's av eet!

For my Dad, who died coming away from Maine Road, and for both my Grandads. I know that, unlike Mr Schindler, they'd all be delighted to see City winning things again. And for my Mum, who, although she only went once in her life (to see Bert Trautmann play) and was generally quiet about the whole thing, was a City supporter at heart. 'This fellow (Mancini) seems to have got them doing well', she used to say.

Paul Barlow "Baz" from Whitefield. Died last October.
His last game was the 6 -1 at OT. He died in his City shirt aged 44 over here in Thailand.
I hardly knew anybody and he made me feel so welcome. Watched every game this season together. The most honest guy I ever met.
His shirt hangs in his bar and every game I put my hands on it for luck.
Enjoy the game from above us and cheers us on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.