For those who like Mancini

BillyShears said:
mammutly said:
That's logic.

I don't think those that wave banners saying 'hypocrite' all the time are really interested in it, mate.

They're a bit funny like that.

Ha ha ha.

Unless you're blind, deaf, and dumb, then you will of course no doubt have noticed that there has not been a single Mancini out post on this board since he joined. Nobody has said he's clueless, tactically inept. Nobody has called him "that Italian tw@t". Nobody has questioned his man management skills in the face of stories of dressing room unrest. The overwhelmingly unanimous position seems to be a he's a very good manager, with a very good record, who is finding his feet in English football. The basic sentiment is "give him a chance".

It's therefore more than a little embarrassing when people post things like "people had a plethora of excuses for Hughes, but can't extend them to Mancini", when the EXACT opposite is true. Those precious souls who ranted and raved about the tafia, about how Hughes was murdering the creativity in our team, wanted to play kick and rush football, wanted to rid the club of all our flair, cannot even stomach the slightest hint that maybe Roberto isn't perfect. It makes them cry and weep and starts threads like this.

Hypocrites to a man, as I said earlier.

I dispute that, Billy. There have certainly been posts condemning Mancini, admittedly a minority, but particularly prominent after a defeat.

Anyway, the point under consideration here is not direct condemnation of Mancini but the undermining of his position by the endlessly repeated speculation about his supposed replacement being about to arrive.

Do keep up!

selim said:
Maybe those "hypocrite" people are willing to give Mancini time beacuse he is a decent manager and were not willing to give Hughes the same patience because he is shit!

Same "shit" manager that got us to the semi of the cup for the first time in 20 odd years and only 2 defeats this season until he was sacked?

Okaaaaay.....

Many people disagree that Hughes was a shit manager. But the Hughes Out brigade seem to think their opinions are somehow superior and more important.

So, in their minds, their opinion that Hughes was "shit" gave them the right to slag him off and 'undermine' him.

Just like they think their opinion that Mancini is great now gives them the right to slag off City fans who 'undermine' their new idol by commiting the crime of speculating on Mourinho coming.

Laughable, really.

mammutly said:
I dispute that, Billy. There have certainly been posts condemning Mancini, admittedly a minority, but particularly prominent after a defeat.

Anyway, the point under consideration here is not direct condemnation of Mancini but the undermining of his position by the endlessly repeated speculation about his supposed replacement being about to arrive.

Do keep up!

Manager's aren't undermined on a messageboard. They never have and they never will. So neither Hughes nor Mancini has been undermined by Bluemoon. I'm talking about the hypocrisy on show, which you seem to dispute even exists.

You made a point earlier about how we needed to get behind the manager and finish the season with a flourish. Many people said the same thing for the vast majority of LAST SEASON, in the face of hysterical ranting about a manager who was in a similar position to the one Mancini is in today.

Anyway, to be honest it's very tired old ground - the most important thing is the rest of this season - we can achieve so much, and Mancini has the opportunity to in six short months take us further than we've ever been in my lifetime...exciting times indeed.

BillyShears said:
mammutly said:

Do keep up!

Manager's aren't undermined on a messageboard. They never have and they never will. So neither Hughes nor Mancini has been undermined by Bluemoon. I'm talking about the hypocrisy on show, which you seem to dispute even exists.

You made a point earlier about how we needed to get behind the manager and finish the season with a flourish. Many people said the same thing for the vast majority of LAST SEASON, in the face of hysterical ranting about a manager who was in a similar position to the one Mancini is in today.

Anyway, to be honest it's very tired old ground - the most important thing is the rest of this season - we can achieve so much, and Mancini has the opportunity to in six short months take us further than we've ever been in my lifetime...exciting times indeed.

Managers are indirectly undermined by fans, as are players. Granted it's to a limited degree, but as human beings they are not immune to feedback.

As for the rest of what you say, my only comment is -You're not wrong there. Billy!

BillyShears said:
mammutly said:

Do keep up!

you don't half talk cobblers at times Billy; Bob in similar position, don't make me laugh - at what point has Bob spent nigh on 200mil (over 100mil by this time of last season) and had any off seasons to work with his team?

Rammy Blue said:
BillyShears said:

you don't half talk cobblers at times Billy; Bob in similar position, don't make me laugh - at what point has Bob spent nigh on 200mil (over 100mil by this time of last season) and had any off seasons to work with his team?

No cobblers being spoken here. Hughes was berated from DAY ONE. So some of us remember the incessant whining, complaining, and open abuse in the first three months of his time at City. The situation between then and now is absolutely comparable. Just because Hughes had spent money that summer, it didn't change the fact he'd just been fucking given the job, and needed to be given a chance.

BillyShears said:
Rammy Blue said:

No cobblers being spoken here. Hughes was berated from DAY ONE. So some of us remember the incessant whining, complaining, and open abuse in the first three months of his time at City. The situation between then and now is absolutely comparable. Just because Hughes had spent money that summer, it didn't change the fact he'd just been fucking given the job, and needed to be given a chance.

He was berated from day one by a small minority, I personally thought he was a decent appointment at the time under Thaksin however it didn't take me long to realise he was not the man for us. Too many people were blinded by the "give him time" mantra, "look at Baconface and Wenger etc etc", when the long and short of it was that he is clueless - funnily enough I notice Bowen is hawking Team Hughes to Celtic, big fucking lol.

Must say I don't remember very fondly our FA Cup humiliation by Forest or our Carling Cup humiliation at Brighton......

You quite clearly stated that Bob is in a similar position to what Hughes was in which is quite clearly cobblers, nothing less, nothing more.

GStar said:
selim said:
Maybe those "hypocrite" people are willing to give Mancini time beacuse he is a decent manager and were not willing to give Hughes the same patience because he is shit!

You're being ironic, right?

Actually NO! ,The whole "give managers time" debate is useless when you have a clown in charge.

Rammy Blue said:
BillyShears said:

He was berated from day one by a small minority, I personally thought he was a decent appointment at the time under Thaksin however it didn't take me long to realise he was not the man for us. Too many people were blinded by the "give him time" mantra, "look at Baconface and Wenger etc etc", when the long and short of it was that he is clueless - funnily enough I notice Bowen is hawking Team Hughes to Celtic, big fucking lol.

Must say I don't remember very fondly our FA Cup humiliation by Forest or our Carling Cup humiliation at Brighton......

You quite clearly stated that Bob is in a similar position to what Hughes was in which is quite clearly cobblers, nothing less, nothing more.

I clearly stated that both Hughes and Mancini deserve to be given a chance, in that sense they are in a similar position. Not sure why this is complicated for you to understand.

I admire your faith in Mancini and share a lot of it, and I also respect your opinion that Hughes is "clueless". Forgive me if I respectfully disagree.

selim said:
GStar said:
You're being ironic, right?

Actually NO! ,The whole "give managers time" debate is useless when you have a clown in charge.

Wash your mouth when you speak about Sir Mancini dude!!! The guy is a hero for us!!

Hughes spent 200 millions to build a very average team!!! Nobody knows him outside UK!

Mancini is one of the biggest name in Europe!

Inter Milan fan

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.