For those who wanted Hughes out

If we change the manager in the Summer, whoever comes in will want HIS team...

The players will need to gel, AGAIN....it will take a run of games for that to start to happen...ie til NEXT Xmas...most likely an AVERAGE performance until then.

The next January window will be "the next managers" chance to get the players he wants...and so it begins all again.

I really think he needs another season...or to next Xmas/January AT LEAST

Now you seem like a chap with a brain!

1.618034 said:
He's staying put until at least the end of the season and a good shot at 6th is on!

Realistically who else is there going for that now other than the one's who are up there already...

Wigan? Lost Palacios...
West Ham? Lost Bellamy...
Hull? Lost Dean Windass...
Fulham? Losing interest...
Portsmouth? Lost Defoe...
Bolton? Do me a favour...
Newcastle? Oh please you're killing me...
Sunderland? No...
Blackburn? As if...
Boro'? I'd kill myself...
Stoke or WBA? Now we're just getting silly!

I think 7th (6 points off) is ours for the taking certainly and 6th (11 points off) ahead of Everton a distinct possibilty...

I also think if he doesn't achieve 7th, he will and should go... And if we get 6th or 7th with a decent run in The UEFA he'll definitely stay...

What? Spurs??? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

dannybcity said:
In thier first year under O'Neil they fell apart in the second half of the season, they could barely win a game.

Improved from 16th to 11th. And I suspect they didn't spend £100m on the squad to get that improvement.

moomba said:
stockportblue said:
And the same people if they were Villa supporters would probably have wanted O'Neill sacked before he had a chance to build a team capable of giving the so called top four a scare.

Under O'Neill, Villas performances improved every year. From 16th before he arrived, to 11th in his first year, to 6th? last season.

If Hughes manages similar improvements I'm sure criticism will be muted.

If we finish 7th this year and challenge the top 6 then i would see this as an improvement...

AlexWilliamsGloves said:

The players will need to gel, AGAIN....it will take a run of games for that to start to happen...ie til NEXT Xmas...most likely an AVERAGE performance until then.

The next January window will be "the next managers" chance to get the players he wants...and so it begins all again

I suspect we'll be making a lot of new signings in the summer regardless of the manager. I also expect there to be a lot of departures regardless of the manager.

But if someone does come into the club in the summer they will have several months working with the squad that we've got, and will have ample opportunity to sign the players he wants. Putting aside the whole issue of whether Hughes will stay, the right manager should have no problems taking over the side in the summer and getting them to perform straight away.

Blankomania said:
If we finish 7th this year and challenge the top 6 then i would see this as an improvement...

I would agree with that, and I think if we do manage that that the criticisms of Hughes will be quite minimal.

moomba said:
dannybcity said:
In thier first year under O'Neil they fell apart in the second half of the season, they could barely win a game.

Improved from 16th to 11th. And I suspect they didn't spend £100m on the squad to get that improvement.

I'm not sure about that but my point is they stuck with the manager and it payed off. I reckon we'll finish 7th this year anway so this is all moot anyway.

moomba said:
AlexWilliamsGloves said:

The next January window will be "the next managers" chance to get the players he wants...and so it begins all again

I suspect we'll be making a lot of new signings in the summer regardless of the manager. I also expect there to be a lot of departures regardless of the manager.

But if someone does come into the club in the summer they will have several months working with the squad that we've got, and will have ample opportunity to sign the players he wants. Putting aside the whole issue of whether Hughes will stay, the right manager should have no problems taking over the side in the summer and getting them to perform straight away.

yeah you have a point...but theyd need a replacement straight after the last match of the season

moomba said:
Blankomania said:

I would agree with that, and I think if we do manage that that the criticisms of Hughes will be quite minimal.

We are only 6 points of 7th place with a game in hand so it is quite possible...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.