Foreign Fans

My dad is from Northenden as is his dad as is his etc, dyed in the wool brainwashed me, dad went to St James Park 68, Wembley 69, 70, 76 Vienna 70 Old Trafford 90 Stretford End, Grandad went to Wembley 76. Grandparents still live in Northenden plus I've got other family who are seasoncard holders.

No choice me!

Dads from Manchester. Im 48 and having being supporting and going since i can remember. Now have a 10 year old son in Bradford. 11 on sunday and wel be at West
Ham on Monday.

Dunno why I chose City - I like to think they chose me, like it was destiny or something.

I used to "support" Arsenal but when I was 8 or 9 I switched allegiances to City (the last two seasons have vindicated that!) - my brother reckons it was because I loved Niall Quinn but I like to think that it was the day of the 5-1.

Was brought up a city fan. My Dads family are all city fans as their granddad worked most of his life in manchester. Im named after Alan Oakes and my bro is named after Colin Bell ffs. Its a hard slog growing up in Ireland surrounded by Rag and Pool fans

I am from Northern Ireland where it is part of the tradition that as well as a local team (mine is Portadown F C) most people here support a team from the English Leagues. Yes there are a lot of Utd and Pool fans but I also know people who follow Burnley, Leicester, Forest, Tottenham, Chelsea etc and have done for many many years.

I started following City at the time of the 69 cup final ( I was 6 at the time) as it was my first real introduction to football by my dad. I remember in a football magazine previewing the final a picture of Peter Shilton, Leicester's new goalkeeper but I didn't like the look of him so I picked City. I recently acquired the programme from that game which was brilliant.
So thats 40 years ago now and thats how I came to be a City supporter.

I have always found that no matter where i have travelled in britain and the rest of the world,if you spot a city top your chest swells a little and you will find you have a new friend...i have also found that rag shirts will walk past one another without so much as a smile.
I always take a few old city tops with me on holiday to give to the local kids and save them from the dark side...so somewhere in INDIA-SOUTH AFRICA-MORROCO-MAURITIUS-OMAN and a few more places there are city fans living in a sea of raggyness.

I'm a fan from Singapore.I grew up liking city because I grew up with my Bro loving City as though they were gods.So I joined em!

bluevengence said:
I have always found that no matter where i have travelled in britain and the rest of the world,if you spot a city top your chest swells a little and you will find you have a new friend...i have also found that rag shirts will walk past one another without so much as a smile.
I always take a few old city tops with me on holiday to give to the local kids and save them from the dark side...so somewhere in INDIA-SOUTH AFRICA-MORROCO-MAURITIUS-OMAN and a few more places there are city fans living in a sea of raggyness.

When on holiday, people used too ask where i was from. When i told them, there instant reply was 'Ahh, manchester United?'. But recently, 'manchester city' has been more frequent reply. Just shows times are changing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.