Foreign Fans

My heart thumps for City. I believe I was born to support City because no other team makes me go in the motions.

I have been supporting City for only 11 years so I'm relatively new to the team. I've worked, lived and studied in Manchester but only last year have decided to return home to my home country for a year off to give back what the country has given me. but next year I will again stay in Manchester for several more years.

I'm from Brunei by the way. I run a Manchester City Supporters Club here since 2002 but until now I am the only member :S

I was born in Shrewsbury, and because my dad was a soldier I got dragged all round Europe throughout my formative years. Having no hometown to call my own, I followed my dad's team. He is an original glory hunter from the 60's (he is still hunting 40 years down the line). Live in Notlob now, but could never be tempted away from the blue side.

CTID

Sitting at home age 9 in Dublin Ireland ,watching the 81 FA cup final with my brother and Dad....my brother went for spurs and i went for city and have stuck with them all these years.... i try and get to at least 5 home games and 2 away games each year since ..... was over for the Ars game and will be going to Burnley and Chelsea
We have a Dublin Branch MCFC Supporters Club and we meet up every 3 weeks...... we would normally get about 15 - 20 on a trip depending on the ticket allocation... we used to do the boat trips but now its normally a day return on the plane and its cheap cause the rags playing away....
Over the years i have brought many of my friends to Maine RD and Eastlands and they have always enjoyed the trip even if they can't remember it ....lol

Baz

I honestly don't know why. Started supporting City in the early nineties, never looked back. It's been a long and lonely journey, seeing noone I have ever known has supported City. It got to the point, when we were at our worst, my dad also started supporting them. I guess he felt sorry for me, or something. :)

As an American, a few years ago I started tiring of American sports and was looking for something new to follow. After watching almost every game of the last World Cup, I bought the national football (soccer) channel we have here. The first game I really watched intently was 1-0 against Arsenal with Barton scoring the penalty. I hadn't really known about the big4 monopoly at the time but knew that City were definitely the underdog and I took great enjoyment in watching them win. Couple that with the fact that Noel is my favorite musician of all time and supports them and that's that.

Also, at the current moment City are the sports team I am most passionate about, and most people either have no idea what I'm talking about or think I'm completely nuts since baseball and American football are by far the most popular sports here.

fuck me Bruce chill out lad!
Brucie Bonus said:
Clubber said:
I like to see fans from america...on here

You have to call them "Yanks" mate, and say it the same way some people say "Jews" or "Nips" or "Towelheads".

Don't forget to demonstrate your insecurity through the use of very old, very tired cracks about language and sports and trivial pursuit. Always deny you are actually obsessed with the U.S., and pretend you know everything there is to know about it's politics, economics, and social structure cos, like, you watch the BBC and CNN and read stuff in the papers, innit.

When someone objects, you can lie, like this:

"It's just a bit of fun" and

"I like Americans really, it's just their / your government [which requires my approval, as I'm English, and all-wise] I hate."

"I never really minded Cookie really".

Some poor Americans, who want so much to be liked and accepted, always, but always think if they attack one another, cast aspersions on their own country, way of life &c. that'll win friends and influence people.

Of the two, I don't know which is more contemptible.

I only support City because of the success I know they will have. It is also cool in my country to be different instead of supporting Man U, Barca, Real. I am sure we will win lot of trophies if we keep spending money.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.