Foreign Fans

Wow you would've done well as a German in 40-45 Fester... Appaling piece of extremism there.

somervillain said:
lovecityhateunited said:
why would they support city though? anyone who signed up to the blues b4 thaksin must need there heads checking. i have to say i don't like going to places like london and hearing southern accents in the city crowd as that's what i associate with u**ted. this is a local club for local people(local connections e.g father was manc, had to move for work etc.) don't want to offend any blues who don't live in manchester but if u dont live within say 30 miles of city i dont understand why you would do it to yourself. expat mancs r still mancs, southerners will always be southerners and therefore should follow a southern team.

As I explained in my post to this thread, I wanted a drama club like City, because I was used to supporting a baseball club with a similar past. Not everyone is a glory hunter. Some of us just wanted a real club to follow, and it didn't get any more "real" than City pre-Thaksin.

not implying that mate, any true blue is a friend of mine i only question why u would put yourself through it all.

p.s loving the baseball on espn. go white sox

vamps said:
Wow you would've done well as a German in 40-45 Fester... Appaling piece of extremism there.

I think you've misunderstood me there mate - the first part is a quote from someone else (lovecityhateunited) just i made a balls of quoting it

I am certainly an 'outoftowner' and followed the blues from the early 70's and have had nothing but friendliness from Mancs any time Ive been to games

When growing up in a small Norwegian town in the 60ties/70ties
all my mates started supporting Liverpool, Manure, Leeds, Derby etc.

I have never had any intention of being mainstream or average,
and because of our beautiful skyblue shirt (yes I know), and wanting
to be in opposition, I choose Gods own team.

Never looked back,

ctid

I think I've posted this before, but it's the perfect thread to say it again. Born and raised in Philadelphia, PA, USA....pained as a fan of all the 4 US sports...in spite of being in one of the 5 biggest markets in the states. Started following football in 2002, when I watched my first English Leagues match which was opening day of the 2002/03 season City v. Leeds. I decided to root for City in that match, just because I heard of Manchester United...and hated them because they were marketed in the States as being the Yankees of soccer. I hate the fucking Yankees...so naturally I hated fucking United. Being that it only logically made sense to me that a team named Manchester City would be enemies of Manchester United I started rooting for City. As I learned more and more about the club I fell in love with it. Being that City hasn't won since well before my birth (I'm 24) I could relate to City fans as in all 4 sports none of my teams won anything till the Phillies (baseball) won the World Series (champions of the league) last year. It just ended up being the perfect cub for me...and it basically started out of dumb luck of being over my Uncles house on the day the league started.

Im a city fan from Dublin...been a massive fan since i was about 8...have had to endure horrendous abuse from
rag and scumpool shitheads from Ireland that don't have a fucking clue about football...im a seasoncard holder and have been a regular at Maine Road and Eastlands since i was 15/16...try to get over 10-15 times a year...

What a heart warming thread this is, I welcome (and I am sure that nearly all City fans ) people from wherever they are from, I bet they have all had a lot of stick for it over the years.

As for the Dutch they gave us the poster called Ikenblue who could ask for much more ;-)

When Stuart Pearce was our manager , I wasn't a follower of football( I am from india , 8 out of 10 watch cricket). But once Thaksin bought the club and Erikson took over , I just loved the way city played.I mean we had 9 home wins in a row. And we battled brilliantly against Liverpool in that draw at eastlands in 2007. That's when I started referring to city as ' We'.
I know that I am not like some of you, who have been life long supporters , but that's why I have a lot of respect for all you guys. I would give anything for that ' true blue ' feeling.

Ducado said:
What a heart warming thread this is, I welcome (and I am sure that nearly all City fans ) people from wherever they are from, I bet they have all had a lot of stick for it over the years...

Thanks for the welcome – and yes, there has been plenty of stick. Although the stick isn't quite so confident these days. :-)

Ducado said:
What a heart warming thread this is, I welcome (and I am sure that nearly all City fans ) people from wherever they are from, I bet they have all had a lot of stick for it over the years.

As for the Dutch they gave us the poster called Ikenblue who could ask for much more ;-)

the planet earth is blue

earth-1.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.