Foreign Fans

An Australian fan here been following for around 8 years now. I have been to two games when ive come over the the UK in the past. I was at the last game at Maine Road and the game against Chelsea last year. Actually funny story, I was in Europe with some mates last year as a bit of fun and I was desperate to go to the game where we played Sunderland and won 0-3. I couldnt make it and was really devastated as I was leaving a few days later. Sure enough around a day or so later I hear that Robby might be coming to City and all the stuff with the takeover occured, I ended up canceling my flight and paid paid around 100 p for a ticket to see us play Chelsea. I didnt care what it took I was going to see that game and when Robby lobbed that free kick over the Chelsea wall...... I will never forget it. Its in the 3 most memorable moments of my life.

Anyway my origins of supporting City come from seeing Shauny Wright Wright in 2000/2001 and just being so excited by the kid, I started following him and as a result City and just fell in love with the club. It looks like the next decade of City support will be more successful than the past decade. But will it be as memorable?

Been a fan since 03 (I was 14) when I saw City play Man U on TV...I'd never seen an EPL game till then, but I used to go to RFK stadium to watch DC United play. So having only seen MLS games, I just thought City was amazingly awesome or something and started following them. Took some crap every once in a while from friends for supporting a club they never heard of, but now they know..I've been saving money for a while to see a match for myself, should take a while this rate..Anyways nice to see the natives being so hospitable towards foreign supporters.

I started watching city when sven bought Boji and Petrov, 3 years ago. I wasn't really into the EPL, and i really hadn't seen a league game in years before that. In Canada, not many games are shown unless you know where to look for. When i was a kid i only liked teams in blue and REALLY hated united. So it was only natural for me to watch City. I guess i am one of the earliest Glory hunters around :) ?

Brucie, take a chill pill you idiot.
Brucie Bonus said:
Clubber said:
I like to see fans from america...on here

You have to call them "Yanks" mate, and say it the same way some people say "Jews" or "Nips" or "Towelheads".

Don't forget to demonstrate your insecurity through the use of very old, very tired cracks about language and sports and trivial pursuit. Always deny you are actually obsessed with the U.S., and pretend you know everything there is to know about it's politics, economics, and social structure cos, like, you watch the BBC and CNN and read stuff in the papers, innit.

When someone objects, you can lie, like this:

"It's just a bit of fun" and

"I like Americans really, it's just their / your government [which requires my approval, as I'm English, and all-wise] I hate."

"I never really minded Cookie really".

Some poor Americans, who want so much to be liked and accepted, always, but always think if they attack one another, cast aspersions on their own country, way of life &c. that'll win friends and influence people.

Of the two, I don't know which is more contemptible.

I'm from Canada, I started following City in the 06-07 season. I have zero ties to Manchester though I really want to go there some day.
How I became a fan of Manchester City is this...
See there was this united fan, that kept making fun of my favourite hockey team (Vancouver Canucks) and claimed to be a fan of their biggest rival (Calgary Flames-he's from Malaysia and his hockey knowledge in close to none-he did this to annoy me ), knowing this I decided that the best way to get him back would be to cheer for a team that did not like united, I chose Manchester City because it had the word "Manchester" in it (2 teams with the same city's name, they must be rivals) and they didn't wear red.

The next season though, that was great if only because that same friend was talking about how the rags had lost to some team near bottom of the table and how embarrassing that was. I then was blessed with the opportunity to say the best line ever to him which was "Yeah, you know what else is embarrassing for United? They lost to ManCity TWICE this year! Come on city!"
The look on his face was priceless, though ever since then every time I see him or any of his united buddies they always make fun of me. I don't care. I'm very Happy supporting City.

Vitek said:
To be honest i started suporting city since arabs takeover..

WOW !!!!! a Lithuanian guy !!!!!!!

Do you ever get suspicious of Latvia ?
I mean.... what do they want from you ?????

STALKERS !!!!

there's a colombian kid at the university where i work who is a city/oasis nut .he tells me we have lots of fans in colombia due to oasis and,more recently our south american players.he's desperate to get to coms but lack of funds stop him.

City fan from germany here. Why? Short version of the story.....:

As a die-hard travellin´everywhere supporter of Werder Bremen friends of mine founded the german branch of the Rags Supporters Club. Travelled regularly over to games, they asked me to get with them on a trip. Did this, and asked me the (one and only) question, do I want to become a fan of the english version of Bayern Munich? No never, choosed City, Thats it! 25 years ago this one happened....

Been to 2 games end of the 80´ early 90´and refreshed my love of watching english football as the likes of ryanair and easyjet made it possible/cheaper so been to around 50 grounds and 4-6 City games a year now.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.