Formed in 2008! No history!

I wouldn't even bother they know they're talking crap. It's something they say to cover their own clubs failings and make them feel better about themselves. City has a fascinating history behind it with plenty of twists and turns. It's a desperate insult from people trying to downplay City's current success. I always remember the George Carlin quote,
" Never argue with an idiot. They will always bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Personally I like to forget our history before the takeover.
Not that we did not have our moments or even seasons just that our management and some players provided endless opportunities for a patronising smile when I revealed my City allegiance.
Every body elses favourite second team and a grudging admiration for sticking with City for more years than I care to remember.

Things are now very different but when competing on historical achievements remember we have much that we should leave in the past.
Excluding of course the magnificent following whose attendances increased as we dropped through the divisions.
I don,t,that gruelling walk down,the buzz as we approached mosside,the look around the souvenir shop at things i couldn't have. The walk through the turnstiles,the smell of cigars,the que for a pie,hairs standing on end as I could see the pitch through block s of the North stand. Wouldn't trade any of that,still means as much to me.

Personally I like to forget our history before the takeover.

Despite all the unbelieveable football we are playing now, and all the trophies we have scooped up "recently", I hope I never, ever forget the trip to Newcastle in my Austin A30 in 68 to watch us win the title.

I hope I never forget promotion from Div 2 with Johnny Crossan as captain or Neil Young smashing in Mike Summerbee's pull back at Wembley...

...there is so much more to remember.

JJ

Does anyone else ever get sick to the back teeth of this nonsense always thrown in our direction? Probably in a lot of circumstances by “fans” who have never been to Old Trafford!!
Could someone please draw up an in your face fact sheet for referral when needed! Lol

Personally never had that said to me, all tge rags I know, I have know pre 2008 amd those I didn't never use ot as a slir as it soumds stupid.

I have read it on facebook and twitter, but anyone who takes either seriously should give up the internet

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.