Formula 1 2022

It sure is mate. Verstappen is not a very popular figure around here. Maybe you and others get by when you watch the documentary about how he was raised by his dad and grandad that makes him the person he is today.
I prefer to go by the opinion of the other F1 drivers who very much respect him rather than the biased opinion on here.
But hey, if you don’t like him don't watch him. Liverpool have some great players and play some great football. I don’t watch them except when they play us. It’s easy. Try it.
how the fuck do you watch F1 without watching Mad Max? That's like saying don't watch any competition Liverpool are in, which means you can never watch City outside of pre-season friendlies. Numpty.

I doubt it.

I think he and Mercedes really struggled to develop the car so that it's tyres warmed up quickly. His qualifying laps were ALL really tentative. On Sunday it showed that once his tyres had the time to warm up he was very comfortable, and likely the fastest non-Ferrari/RedBull at the time.

Previously Mercedes have been able to focus on race pace over qualifying because they'd always likely be near the front. But last weekend it backfired massively.
Wolff and Hamilton both admitted that they tried something out with the car that they got wrong and had to do the best to rectify it without taking a pit start.

The team plan for him was working during the race and it looked like they were banking on at least one late red flag and if it wasn’t for the pit lane being blocked then it would’ve probably paid off. As it was, they were left scrambling for points and once achieved, sat to preserve the car.

Did well enough considering the circumstances, still nowhere near the leaders and will need a lot of work to be considered challengers.

Did they not repeatedly warn Max that what he kept doing was dangerous?
They may well have shared their opinions with him and rightly so, but that doesn't mean they don't respect and appreciate his considerable talent.

Sure he's an aggressive driver and I have no problem with that, as long as it's within safe limits. I would guess that is where the 'advice' came in.

It's the same with football. I have no issue with a strong, physical tackle, but an intentional high tackle or potential leg breaker would not be acceptable.

They may well have shared their opinions with him and rightly so, but that doesn't mean they don't respect and appreciate his considerable talent.

Sure he's an aggressive driver and I have no problem with that, as long as it's within safe limits. I would guess that is where the 'advice' came in.

It's the same with football. I have no issue with a strong, physical tackle, but an intentional high tackle or potential leg breaker would not be acceptable.
Not quite the same with crashing a car though, is it?

Fewer footballers die on the field due to their opponents than in F1.

I think F1 has pretty much had its day. Last seasons farce was a bit of a turning point for a lot of fans. It's pretty much careering in a Scudamore esque 'putting a new name on the trophy every few years' kind of direction. I mean it's always been a bit shifty, but the last race of last season was bent as f*ck, and to hang the race director out to dry like they did was shocking.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.