Formula 1 2022

It's looking promising, but from a low bar. The driver/car quotient still means it's a fluke if a slower car beats a faster one. The first seasons of the turbo era was the heyday of F1 when all the cars had more power than the chassis/tyres could handle, meaning the driver's ability outweighed the tech. Ever since Jim Hall pioneered the "ground-effect" aero-dynamics with his Chaparal, over-taking became more difficult, but the wings were very lucrative as travelling bill-boards. After decades, the issue is being addressed, now you can closely follow without wrecking your tyres, though with DRS it still means passing opportunities are rationed. The changes have come about to counter the falling audience figures/ad. revenue, more racing like the two this season will achieve this, imo.
Agree - I lost all interest years ago when Ferrari were dominant and it was a 2 hour procession.

The changes they have made seem to be getting back to some level of driver skill where as for years a good driver in the best car would always win.

One thing going for Leclerc across a full season is that he's possibly the best qualifier on the grid, which might always give him an edge.

His battles with Verstappen have been really exciting so far. Especially seeing him try to be so tactical.

These two could make for great racing this season.

A quietly impressive weekend from Russell too.

Reactions: mat
Finally caught up. Taking away any bias I have for one team, what a race!! some great match ups throughout the field. That tactic by LeClerc was brilliant to watch. Was seriously considering not watching f1 after debacle last year but glad I didn't. Think this may be a great season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.