Forum suggestions and feedback

I'm on a forum over here that has a system of "thanking" posts. If you see a post you like, you click on the thumbs up button;

At the bottom of each post, the number of thanks is shown, along with the names of those who did the thanking;

Now it mightn't be practical to list every poster who thanked a post (there could be dozens of them), but the number could be something to think about.

Quite like the idea of a 'like' feature for posts. Sometimes I agree with a post and would like to show that.

We tried that in the past. I put quite a bit of effort in getting it working as well to be fair and people went off their nut and said it ruined the forum, so Ric felt the time wasn't right and removed it.

Not that I'm bitter. You bunch of tossers.

But yeah I'd support its reintroduction.

I'm on a forum over here that has a system of "thanking" posts. If you see a post you like, you click on the thumbs up button;

At the bottom of each post, the number of thanks is shown, along with the names of those who did the thanking;

Now it mightn't be practical to list every poster who thanked a post (there could be dozens of them), but the number could be something to think about.

That's something along the lines of what I was thinking. Would be great.

We tried that in the past. I put quite a bit of effort in getting it working as well to be fair and people went off their nut and said it ruined the forum, so Ric felt the time wasn't right and removed it.

Not that I'm bitter. You bunch of tossers.

But yeah I'd support its reintroduction.

facebook-dislike-button.png

Before the forum change, if you quoted someone, and they quoted you a fair time after, the last two quoted text bits were visible which was good as it meant you could remember what you'd said and they said and you said etc.

It just made catching up with your own, or other people's discussions a lot easier. Not it's only one quote allowed which isn't as good.

I've not explained it well but hey ho.

I understand and completeLy agree, the quote requires substance

Ha, smilies are not really for me. Nor are "likes" as such, but there may be other ways to show approval for a post rather than the existing "+1" posts which don't really add anything.

As mentioned though, this post doesn't need to be restricted to technical issues. Feedback on the way the site is administered or moderated are welcome too.

One of the recurring themes I get, both in person and by emails/PMs, is that there is too much negativity on the forum, and that some users are too aggressive/confrontational. It's something I'm looking to address, so any feedback on that welcomed too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.