Forum suggestions and feedback

you've (the mods) always been "getting concerned". It was the same when we had the Cellar, it was the same when we had the likes of GSC and NF being dominating presences and there were plenty of accusations of it being too aggressively blokish and unfriendly to women on here, to the point where off-topic might as well have been an X-Factor/What are you having for dinner exclusive forum because of the "readjustments", until the politics threads were allowed to spiral out of control and the cycle repeated itself. It was the same 6 months ago when newbies whinged because they didn't feel welcomed enough, to which post counts were removed and regular users are now complaining again about other club's fans and newbies getting preferential treatment, as they regularly do. It's the same old cycle and nothing ever changes because sometimes, that's just the way it is.

If people aren't moaning about the stuff on the pitch, they're moaning about people moaning about the stuff on the pitch. People love a moan.
+1 as is there is no like button.

you've (the mods) always been "getting concerned". It was the same when we had the Cellar, it was the same when we had the likes of GSC and NF being dominating presences and there were plenty of accusations of it being too aggressively blokish and unfriendly to women on here, to the point where off-topic might as well have been an X-Factor/What are you having for dinner exclusive forum because of the "readjustments", until the politics threads were allowed to spiral out of control and the cycle repeated itself. It was the same 6 months ago when newbies whinged because they didn't feel welcomed enough, to which post counts were removed and regular users are now complaining again about other club's fans and newbies getting preferential treatment, as they regularly do. It's the same old cycle and nothing ever changes because sometimes, that's just the way it is.

If people aren't moaning about the stuff on the pitch, they're moaning about people moaning about the stuff on the pitch. People love a moan.

The community gives feedback about an issue on the forum. The mods and Ric then fix this issue.

I don't see how this is a problem.

That's tosh Colin and this is the usual navalgazing that this forum seems to go through every 18 months.

And a swear filter like 'fecking' red cafe or 'word removed' Villatalk whilst talking of not sanitising the forum.... I think you'd lose far more posters if you child proofed the forum like that.

Simple question, and I'm sure @Damocles will have the answers, is the website traffic down now on 12 months ago? On three years ago? The forum is no different from how it was at any time since I've know it at least.

And if I went off anecdotal evidence of posters being put off posting on here (off topic) and going to join another forum, you'd be right up there as a main culprit if I listened to them, which I don't.

Whether you and JMW like it mate, things are going to change. If neither of you have anything constructive to add then refrain from posting.

The community gives feedback about an issue on the forum. The mods and Ric then fix this issue.

I don't see how this is a problem.

it's the same issue there's always been, it doesn't get fixed because you can't just "fix it". It's not a server issue, it was the context spanning at least my time on here that people have always complained/defended the same things.

There's no problem with it, you just don't have a magic wand to change people and their posting styles.

it's the same issue there's always been, it doesn't get fixed because you can't just "fix it". It's not a server issue, it was the context spanning at least my time on here that people have always complained/defended the same things.

There's no problem with it, you just don't have a magic wand to change people and their posting styles.

Actually we do, we just don't use it. That's one of the current issues in discussion.

I'll say this for the second time, if you aren't actually adding anything constructive then refrain from posting.

The thing is, you can paint the picture that you don't want a forum controlled by "those who shout the loudest" however isn't that exactly what is happening here? A handful whine about people venting over performances and you feel the need to act. Those who are happy (the majority) are posting on the forum as they have done for years. I could name two posters who will have whined about posts which has led to this.

Actually we do, we just don't use it. That's one of the current issues in discussion.

I'll say this for the second time, if you aren't actually adding anything constructive then refrain from posting.

I find it constructive, as have others who've supported my posts, so as that's a subjective issue, I'll continue posting my thoughts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.