Forum suggestions and feedback

One of the other things I've been thinking about is the player threads. There is a logical argument for keeping everything relating to a player (or even the manager) contained in one thread, but it feels a bit formulaic to me, and as a result the forum lacks the spontaneity and randomness that used to be part of its character. It'd be interesting to hear people's thoughts on this.

The thing is, you can paint the picture that you don't want a forum controlled by "those who shout the loudest" however isn't that exactly what is happening here? A handful whine about people venting over performances and you feel the need to act. Those who are happy (the majority) are posting on the forum as they have done for years. I could name two posters who will have whined about posts which has led to this.
I count myself as part of the 'happy majority' (although this year has already gone to crap, not football related) but I avoid the matchday forum entirely and even the forum itself after a poor loss because I'd get dragged down to the same level.

I'm mid fifties so if I'm avoiding it it must influence anyone else who were thinking of joining especially females.

One of the other things I've been thinking about is the player threads. There is a logical argument for keeping everything relating to a player (or even the manager) contained in one thread, but it feels a bit formulaic to me, and as a result the forum lacks the spontaneity and randomness that used to be part of its character. It'd be interesting to hear people's thoughts on this.
It's a no from me, although it'd reduce the number of threads enormously it would just get far too congested. Can you imagine that scenario when we had Edin & the Serb fanboys here? You'd have thought we would only have had the one player.

I count myself as part of the 'happy majority' (although this year has already gone to crap, not football related) but I avoid the matchday forum entirely and even the forum itself after a poor loss because I'd get dragged down to the same level.

I'm mid fifties so if I'm avoiding it it must influence anyone else who were thinking of joining especially females.
It doesn't put me,pam and girlbob off,it's a football forum,i would expect no less

Edit, add Eccles to that as well

The player and manager threads are the most depressing on the board, I, like many others dont bother with them anymore, there is only so many times you can read the same shit spouted by the same posters over and over.

As Colin Lee said above, I just avoid coming on here after a loss, maybe I will go into off topic and try and have a laugh but its hard, i'd like to put it down to rags infesting the place, and while there is a degree of that, we've always had an element of our support, who dont know the meaning of the word.

I really think bringing back the little black dot, or similar, would take care of everything..

One big thing i think has been a mistake is taking away the cellar,the part where you could just chat and have fun not the heavy weight threads,there is no humour on here anymore and you seem to have taken a conscious decision to do that,i have to go elsewhere for that and i think that has lost a lot of the female posters which is a big shame

This is why I suggested a Live Chatroom for Matches as it allows people to chat in game, chat a load of shit when they're all emotional like we all do inside the stadium... And it's forgotten about as the live chat rolls on...

Whereas with actual topics, those posts are stored, often quoted, causing arguments and so on.

A live chat feature which is just there for each Match would benefit this place!

One big thing i think has been a mistake is taking away the cellar,the part where you could just chat and have fun not the heavy weight threads,there is no humour on here anymore and you seem to have taken a conscious decision to do that,i have to go elsewhere for that and i think that has lost a lot of the female posters which is a big shame

I'm not sure simply renaming Off Topic caused any change! It certainly wasn't a conscious decision to try and stop the humour. Quite the opposite in fact. I'd much prefer it if people were being light hearted and having a laugh more.

Whether you and JMW like it mate, things are going to change. If neither of you have anything constructive to add then refrain from posting.
I was being constructive, I was saying, and agreeing with JMW that this appears to be the bi-annual naval gazing and that majority (that don't personally email ric) are ok with the forum. It's like Too Gear having 5m viewers but apologising every ten minutes because they get 30 complaints.

You may not find that constructive but it's feedback on the forum that ric asked for. You just don't agree with it.

And you didn't answer the question on whether traffic was down.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.