FPL - 2022/23 | City Discussion

Best 4.5M keeper, Raya, Sanchez or Meslier?

Those 3 have decent fixtures for the first 7 or 8 games, which is about the time I plan to WC.

Only my second season playing this. Need to do better in my work league, got off to a shocker last year because I didnt fully understand. But clawed my way back up to fifth in the end.

Question, is it more worthwhile keeping bench boost and triple captain for later in the season when teams might play twice a week?

Edit, question already answered above.
Usual pattern is:-
X1 WC before Xmas, most use after an international break as there’s normally injuries & it’s a good time for a reset
Free hit, use on a DGW for maximum effect
Triple captain, use when a top performer has a DGW and won’t be rotated, captain him
Then combine your last WC with a bench boost whenever there is a double double gameweek
If you can stick to those principles you’ve squeezed every drop out of em

Best 4.5M keeper, Raya, Sanchez or Meslier?

Those 3 have decent fixtures for the first 7 or 8 games, which is about the time I plan to WC.
Raya is probably the best but Brentford brought in a new keeper so I'm leaning towards sanchez. Think meslier has the best predicted points for a 4.5 on a website thing or something he is actually a really good keeper but his defence was awful last year he is the biggest risk in my opinion but could also get you the best returns.

Usual pattern is:-
X1 WC before Xmas, most use after an international break as there’s normally injuries & it’s a good time for a reset
Free hit, use on a DGW for maximum effect
Triple captain, use when a top performer has a DGW and won’t be rotated, captain him
Then combine your last WC with a bench boost whenever there is a double double gameweek
If you can stick to those principles you’ve squeezed every drop out of em
Im going to hold of the bench boost until a double game week but I already know I will make a balls of it as usual.lol

GK's are my weak spot, If I do the 4.5m pairing and rotate, I always leave the most points on the bench, because I choose the easy home fixture keeper. The premium GK's remove the chance to have 3 outfield players from the same team.

This season with GK prices being lower than usual, my plan is to pair up a 5.0m keeper (Mendy, Sa, Pope etc) with a bench fodder 4.0m, and with essentially 3 wildcards available, I can freshen it up sooner, if a high performing 4.5m keeper emerges from the rest.
Captain picks are mine, I’m always trying to be clever or over think things, most people just stick with KDB Salah Kane Son, think I went with Emmanuel Dennis twice on a double GW and he got no goals, injured in one & sent off in the other! I wasn’t alone, half the country did it (according to Reddit) BTW Reddit is a top place for tips, transfers & especially injuries or returning players, I never pick my team without checking on there

GK's are my weak spot, If I do the 4.5m pairing and rotate, I always leave the most points on the bench, because I choose the easy home fixture keeper. The premium GK's remove the chance to have 3 outfield players from the same team.

This season with GK prices being lower than usual, my plan is to pair up a 5.0m keeper (Mendy, Sa, Pope etc) with a bench fodder 4.0m, and with essentially 3 wildcards available, I can freshen it up sooner, if a high performing 4.5m keeper emerges from the rest.
Honest think I'm going ederson set and forget I can't see me having 3 City players with peps rotation maybe haaland and grealish or Cucurella if he joins 5 mil is a good price. Will definitely have 3 pool out fielders unfortunately, was going mendy but Chelsea look a shambles. Lloris is a shout? The cheaper premium keepers this season have me interested always rotated 4.5s and always got it wrong. Was actually going the 2 Brighton and stick with that for the season over the course of the season should balance out.

Last edited:
Captain picks are mine, I’m always trying to be clever or over think things, most people just stick with KDB Salah Kane Son, think I went with Emmanuel Dennis twice on a double GW and he got no goals, injured in one & sent off in the other! I wasn’t alone, half the country did it (according to Reddit) BTW Reddit is a top place for tips, transfers & especially injuries or returning players, I never pick my team without checking on there
Lol I'm a premium only guy have tried the "smart" play afew times and always got burnt.

Hope this is OK to post.

Would anyone be interested in joining a bluemoon cash league for a bit more interest? £10 in, winner takes all. Can set up a WhatsApp group. If I can get about 9 other people interested I can organise. Have both bought and sold tickets on here to can be trusted. Reply or dm me if interested.
I was interested in joining only to see you have a rag in your team so for that reason I'm out

Some disgusting images being thrown round in here, everyone knows that you're not allowed any of them red cunts in your team, hope every single one of you with Sancho etc in finish dead last in your mini leagues
None in my team, can't bear relying on red cunts to score me points

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.