FPL - 2022/23 | City Discussion

What do you guys think of cancelo? He worth the 7mil? He seems to move more centrally in the friendly instead of wide and cutting in like last season do you think it was a one off or that's the way we will play now we have a striker?

I'm off the Cancelo train, I may reassess depending on the performance of the Community Shield (he looked out of sorts in the Bayern friendly)

Plus he seems to inversely affect Grealish's output on the left, and I've backed Jack in my FF team.

I'm off the Cancelo train, I may reassess depending on the performance of the Community Shield (he looked out of sorts in the Bayern friendly)

Plus he seems to inversely affect Grealish's output on the left, and I've backed Jack in my FF team.
I am still trying to make up my mind. He has looked a bit off his best during preseason.

But there’s an argument to be made that this is when you want him to be off (i.e. building fitness and form).

He’ll likely start the Community Shield and that will tell us if we should give him the first few FPL match rounds off.

Got to have Cancelo to start with & stick with him for the first 6-8 games, it will pay off in clean sheets alone, and just you wait till he cuts inside & fires one to the back post straight on the bonce of Haaland, if you’ve already got TAA and Cancelo doesn’t perform or is rotated with a new LB or at RB, then you can at least trade him for any other defender

I'm backing Jack too foden missed preseason Jack be nailed on for the lw at the start of the season it's his shirt to lose. I don't think cancelo will give the same ff returns at rb. Cancelo seem off in both friendlies.

I am still trying to make up my mind. He has looked a bit off his best during preseason.

But there’s an argument to be made that this is when you want him to be off (i.e. building fitness and form).

He’ll likely start the Community Shield and that will tell us if we should give him the first few FPL match rounds off.
It's a gamble at 7 mil with a ton of great options at the back but if you don't have him and he smashes in a goal and afew assists in the first 6 or 7 games you could be way of the pace early on

It's a gamble at 7 mil with a ton of great options at the back but if you don't have him and he smashes in a goal and afew assists in the first 6 or 7 games you could be way of the pace early on
True. Which is why I have him in now but am waiting for the Community Shield to confirm.

Got to have Cancelo to start with & stick with him for the first 6-8 games, it will pay off in clean sheets alone, and just you wait till he cuts inside & fires one to the back post straight on the bonce of Haaland, if you’ve already got TAA and Cancelo doesn’t perform or is rotated with a new LB or at RB, then you can at least trade him for any other defender
I suspose he will actually have a target to aim for now kinda hope we bring in a new lb and I can just pick them want a city defender but its hard to justify the price.

All this Cancelo talk is making me nervy without him in my team, so the following swaps could be done.

Raya, James, Saka out.
Mendy, Cancelo, Martinelli in.

+ 0.5m left over for Kane/Haaland swap in GW2 to accommodate prices swings.
+ 5.0 GK swaps or premium GK upgrade available.
+ City defender for clean sheets early doors, and Chelsea GK over Brentford GK.
- Lose my only 8.0m MF in Saka, therefore (Kulu, Mount, Maddison, Diaz options out without surgery)

The Community Shield has a lot to answer for unsettling my final team plans.

All this Cancelo talk is making me nervy without him in my team, so the following swaps could be done.

Raya, James, Saka out.
Mendy, Cancelo, Martinelli in.

+ 0.5m left over for Kane/Haaland swap in GW2 to accommodate prices swings.
+ 5.0 GK swaps or premium GK upgrade available.
+ City defender for clean sheets early doors, and Chelsea GK over Brentford GK.
- Lose my only 8.0m MF in Saka, therefore (Kulu, Mount, Maddison, Diaz options out without surgery)

The Community Shield has a lot to answer for unsettling my final team plans.
I can't put him in but can't leave him out to be honest. I'm gonna decide after the Liverpool game. If I put him in I will have to change alot prob even the formation want 5 at the back think it will be 442 with cancelo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.