France v Mexico

36195_10150195617690038_512270037_13090527_4778892_n.jpg

BillyShears said:
mackenzie said:
The Irish have a knack of doing the unexpected in the WC though. Remember them beating Italy with that Ray Houghton goal?

They would have been much better than this French side. And more worthy contestants imho.

Sorry Sharon, but I don't buy the whole "more worthy opponents" thing. It's always nice to see an underdog do well, I can't argue with that, and I remember them beating Italy vividly. But ultimately, the only team I care about is England.

As I said, if the shoe were on the other foot, there'd be dancing on the streets of Dublin at England's demise...

I don't doubt it Billy. But as a footballing spectacle I think the WC would have been better with Ireland rather than France.

Perhaps "spectacle" is the wrong word....."drama" might be better.

So have France got to beat south africa by at least 4 goals and hope mexico beat uragay to qualify for the next round ?
Basically,what takes precedence:head to head or goal difference?

Should have taken Viera :)

Seriously i know he hasnt had the best of seasons but leaving Benzima at home and taking a striker who has scored 8 goals for Toulouse all season. Taking and not playing Henry. Playing Givou who is plain awful.

They have talent but no spirit at all, something is wrong in the camp for sure and probably comes down to the coach, but saying your out before the world cup starts hardly helps.

As I said before the tournement France are a poor side - they have good quality players but simply don't play as a team. Their coach is a clown and how he has kept his job up to this point is unbelievable. They were simply beaten by a better team and they are out of the WC barring a miracle. I for one won't shed any tears - I was at the match when Henry cheated the Irish and although nothing can change history now, I am pleased they have been embarassed. If Mexico can continue to play like that then they might cause a few more surprises - I remember watching them beat Italy a couple of weeks ago at a friendly match in Italy - decent side but can they keep it going?

penguins4kompany said:
So have France got to beat south africa by at least 4 goals and hope mexico beat uragay to qualify for the next round ?
Basically,what takes precedence:head to head or goal difference?

Unless i've read it wrong it's probably better for France if Uruguay beat Mexico by a few goals ...... but France have still got to beat South Africa , a team who also know it's their last chance.

It was almost like they didn't want to win,2-0 down,going nowhere,still with one substitution left,and a bench full of talent and the manager doesn't use his final sub or try to change anything.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.