Francis Lee RIP

View attachment 94920
The English Football League team prior to the Inter-League match against the League of Ireland at Oakwell in Barnsley on 10th September 1969. Back row, left to right: Paul Reaney, Frank Clark, Peter Bonetti, Paul Madeley, Mike Summerbee and Norman Hunter; front row, left to right: Johnny Morrisey, Colin Harvey, Francis Lee, Bryan "Pop" Robson and Mike Bailey. The English XI won 3-0.View attachment 94922View attachment 94923View attachment 94924
Some pretty decent players in that top picture. Not one from the current red shirred media favourites either!

I am 66 years old and was 11 years old when i watched City beat Newcastle to win the First Division. That started my passion for City, especially Bell, Lee and Summerbee. Franny was a rugged, fast, skillful centre forward or winger, did not fear anything, gave us everything on the pitch, they do not make them like Franny anymore. RIP Franny and say hello to Colin!!!!!

Granada News 6.o'clock Lead story The death today of City Legend Francis Lee.
BBC Local News 6.30pm No mention till 20 mins in. Twats.
They were doing a piece on a bus crash that killed a 15 year old school girl to be fair. They did a good tribute to Franny later in the programme.

RIP Franny big hero growing up of mine. Lasting memories? Brilliant aggressive player, never took a backward step, very flamboyant enterraining player, big piece in league winning side. Post playing had the tenacity to get rid of Swales, maybe didn't take off as expected but put the ground work in on Commercial side and was involved in good brains like Bernstein coming in so longer term he helped to take things forward. Also always always answered questions from fans/shareholders when Chairman. I do think his efforts link to present day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.