Francis Lee RIP

I remember watching his debut in a 2-0 against Wolves at Maine Road. The only game I ever saw from the Main stand. A great player and shrewd businessman. Pity it went sour towards the end, but let's remember the good times.

Scored the winner on my first trip to Maine Rd the 1969 league cup quarter final. Would always rather remember him as our great centre forward, not as our dreadful chairman. A huge figure in our clubs history RIP fella

As an eight year-old in 68, the last thing I saw every night were my framed photos of Franny and Colin. The first thing I saw every morning were those two framed photos. Life was good. I still have your autograph several times over. Thank you for the stellar memories Franny and for being such an amazing guy and an inspiration. RIPxx

I'm not sure if this has been posted before, but here's a nice tribute from the BBC

And from the Derby County site

Last edited:
Great memories watching him play.

What a turn of speed he had, and very hard to stop him as he headed towards the opposition's goal!

My last memory of him though was when I actually met him.

My lad was mascot at Spurs away in 1996, and Franny was Chairman.

As we were waiting in the tunnel for the teams to emerge from the dressing room, my lad was kicking the ball against the wall and Franny came down and said 'hey son, don't be showing them lot too many tricks'! He then said for him to enjoy his day, and shook my hand saying he was pleased to meet us!

The family of the Spurs mascot stood there shocked, and the father said to me that their Chairman (Alan Sugar) would never have done that, and didn't engage with the fans at all.

A proud moment for me, and great memories for my son and I to cherish.

Thanks Franny, RIP.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.