Francis Lee RIP

Watching the news, they mentioned his wife Gill, his kids Charlotte, Johnny & Nik. No mention of his eldest Gary? Is Gary still alive?

Very sad news to wake up too. Franny was my No 1 hero as a young lad when City were winning major cups. Franny and Colin were the main drivers aided brilliantly by Mike, Neil and the others in that sparkling Joe Mercer team. Franny was the reason I became a City fan, always such an exciting player to watch. (Especially when slapping Norman Hunter around)
One of City's & England's best ever players without a doubt
RIP Franny you legend.

I've only just found out about this. I remember his debut against Wolves, he always rattled defenders with his pace, power and direct running. Superb forward who was the last piece in the Mercer/Allison jigsaw that went on to win that collection of trophies from '68 to '70. He was sold by Swales far too soon.
RIP Frannie.

OnVery sad news to wake up too. Franny was my No 1 hero as a young lad when City were winning major cups. Franny and Colin were the main drivers aided brilliantly by Mike, Neil and the others in that sparkling Joe Mercer team. Franny was the reason I became a City fan, always such an exciting player to watch. (Especially when slapping Norman Hunter around)
One of City's & England's best ever players without a doubt
RIP Franny you legend.
I remember taking my dad to Bolton the day Franny made his debut for Wanderers. He looked good for a young lad and quite cocky.WE signed him shortly afterwards and he helped transform the club.a true legend RIP Franny.gave us great memories.
I've only just found out about this. I remember his debut against Wolves, he always rattled defenders with his pace, power and direct running. Superb forward who was the last piece in the Mercer/Allison jigsaw that went on to win that collection of trophies from '68 to '70. He was sold by Swales far too soon.
RIP Frannie.
Tt

I found your season ticket on the ground outside the stadium one day, managed to return it to you and you promised a reward.

Never got one and I’m still waiting. But on reflection, without you the club probably wouldn’t be as it is now. So let’s call it even!

Rest in Peace Franny!

My dad used to take me and my brother to maine road in the early days and i loved watching franny.
a great player tough as nails hard as fuck and scored some great goals.
As a 9 year old i used to have his posters on the bedroom wall.
R.I.P franny.

Shocked. Wasn't aware he was ill.
Our greatest centre forward, in my lifetime at least. RIP and God bless Francis.
Keep earning and knocking in those pens in the great football pitch of the heavens.

All day today I've kept seeing the photo of Lee at Newcastle in '68, young, fit & celebratory (pp. 17-19.) Aye, just look at his face then too! It brings back that whole era: an all-English team as champions of England, pay on the gate, in the crowd there's working-class lads in duffle coats, no one in a replica shirt of course and the only colours being the blue & white bar scarves, Newcastle fans not giving Lee any abuse just watching on in awe and envy. And football specials to away games or coaches stopping at greasy spoon cafes by the side of the A1. Folk have quoted the City song "maybe in another generation, when other lads have come to take our place .." , as they will, but i hope they'll have a feel for moments like Francis Lee at St. James' Park that day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.