Francis Lee RIP

How did the City fans react when Franny scored that goal against us for Derby?
Mate they appluded him at first and the applause got louder with the faces showing beaming smiles as he ran towards Swales. You'll find it hard to find anyone who was actually there who was not pleased for him, he loved us and we knew it. Once a blue always a blue.

Last edited:
And his biggest masterstroke was bringing Malcolm back to prove if he could manage or just coach which backfired spectacularly. Still gives me nightmares now with Barnes,Owen,Hartford,Kidd,Watson all sold replaced by Robinson Mckenzie,Reeves,Lee,Daley.It cost the club and me 30 years of enjoyment.United don't know what bad times are and unfortunately they have the fan base and media backing to have a much shorter nightmare.
You can’t believe anyone would want to and yet be allowed to do that.

I bet the silly fckers wished they had spent more time enjoying their glory years than taking the piss out of City.
That was Mark Riley and Mark Radcliffe, both City fans, as The Shirehorses.

I agree Tolm, unfortunately & to the best of my knowledge they never did make up :-(.

My best mate, who is really well connected at the club, actually got me a signed shirt by Bell, Lee and Summerbee for my 50th birthday!
Not an easy task at all apparently, Buzzer was the mediator and after signing it himself, he took it to KC and asked him to sign it and, because he didn't want any potential ill-feeling towards him from KC apparently, he told KC that he was going to Franny for him to sign next, to complete the 3.
After a few seconds of deliberation and being told who it was for and why, I was fortunate to have met KC on a few occasions, KC (incredibly) duly signed it, which is something he just didn't do this apparently as he didn't want his name next/near to Franny's............so very sad!!
It has been really nicely framed (this cost like $700!!) and has pride of place in my basement bar, here in the US and you couldn't offer me enough money to part with it. My daughters know that this never, ever, leaves the family even after my death!
It will be even sadder to look at it now, with 2 of our 3 true LEGENDS now gone :-(
I cannot thank my best mate enough for doing this, plus Buzzer for taking it upon himself to actually get this done :-)

I truly love my club!

What a wonderful gift you have. And what a mate!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.