Francis Lee RIP

He might have "put his money where his mouth was", but I'm afraid it was under his tenure that we sank to our lowest point, and he left shortly before our relegation to the third tier. He also sold his remaing shares to Thaksin, and we were close to being in another hole there as well.

He was a great football player, but his time running City wasn't great, appointing first Ball, Coppell, then Clark as managers, who between them oversaw some of the worst teams we've ever had. He did apoint Joe Royle, who eventually got some control, and started our revival.

I've no nostalgia for his time as chairman (other than it saw Swales off), just as a player.
I don’t disagree.

Just been for a Beer with my boss.
He took over a medium sized building firm.
From his wife's side of the family.i knew his father in law was mates with franny.
I said it must have been a shock.

"Yes Harold has lost his best friend very sad what an absolute gentleman".

Football has lost a genuine star a city legend and a football legend.
My boss kept saying for last couple of years he would take my dad to meet franny as he was my dad's hero and the reason my dad went from watching Bolton to watching city.
It'd too late now unfortunately.
But if it wasn't for franny all our family would be Bolton fans.
So thanks from me franny for me been part of this since I was 6.
I'm 46 now and wouldn't swap it for the world.
ONCE A BLUE ALWAYS A BLUE .
RIP A MANCHESTER CITY LEGEND

Was there a song for franny?, would be nice to give it a rendition after the minutes silence i assume we will have at the Brighton game. The only one I ever heard my old man sing was ," hi ho ,hi ho we're of to Mexico, with bell and Lee and Summerbee " , but I think that's more of an Englad song.

Was there a song for franny?, would be nice to give it a rendition after the minutes silence i assume we will have at the Brighton game. The only one I ever heard my old man sing was ," hi ho ,hi ho we're of to Mexico, with bell and Lee and Summerbee " , but I think that's more of an Englad song.
E for B (egg for breakfast) and Francis Lee was quite popular for a while.

Just to add that we are having a minutes appreciation for Franny on our next home game,should bring a lump to our 25000 plus fans young and old,
Excellent gesture. He’s always been ‘our’ Frannie to me, my late Mum loved him to bits and called him cuddles.
So easy to forget what he did at Derby seeing things through sky blue eyes.
Thanks for visiting and reminding us he was such a success and just as revered away from Maine Road.
Good luck for this season.
Sods law we’ll meet in the FA Cup this season :)

Was simply just. Frannnncisss Leeeeee, Frannnncisss Leeeeee

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.