Francis Lee RIP

I took my confirmation name after Franny. I had to pretend it was after St. Francis of Assisi. But it was St Francis of Manchester City.

Very sad tonight.
I did the same....unbelievably the Bishop of Salford asked me Francis of Assisi or Francis the Saviour, and I replied Francis Lee of Manchester City, he saw the funny side thankfully.
RIP my City hero !

Another little piece of my childhood gone. Only Buzzer left of 'The Great Triumvirate'. What a player Franny was: short, barrel chested, strong as an ox with the heart of a lion and a thunderbolt of a right foot. Had the pleasure of sharing a dinner table with him and a couple of his mates a few years back at a charity golf day, very engaging and a wonderful character. RIP Lee Won Pen

Absolutely get off your seat player when he was charging towards the goal. Unfortunately the bbcsport only show “look at his face when he scored against us for derby”. They couldn’t find any other clip when playing for us? Wankers. RIP FELLA.
It was a class goal Bob and an iconic moment at Maine Road, even if it was for the opposition

Brilliant player, was lucky enough to see him many times as a nipper. Was lucky enough to meet him a couple of times in later life as well. He came over as a thoroughly decent bloke. RIP Francis and thank you for the memories.
The first time I met him, I asked him for his autograph.

After he’d obliged, I told him that he was my favourite all-time player.

"Oh, thank you very much," he replied.

Just found out, very sad.
Weirdly it was only last week I showed a young blue the footage of Frannie’s little rumble with that turd Hunter.
God bless you Frannie a fighter to the last.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.