Francis Lee RIP

Gutted. Franny was my hero as a kid, a barrel chested powerhouse with a cracking shot and a brilliant penalty taker. I remember the "Francis, Francis, Francis!" chant after yet another goal. I signed the petition Helen the Bell was going around with not to sell him and Mike Summerbee, sadly to no avail. He went on to have a couple of great seasons more with Derby. That included the "Look at his face!" goal which was the winner on his return to Maine Road in December 1974. Rest in peace Franny, thanks for the memories.

Guess which goal BBC news showed on the news of Frannies. Yep for Derby at Maine Rd. F **k the BBC, f**k the licence fee.

RIP Franny.

Absolute giant of the club and even though his chairmanship didn't go to plan he always had the club's best interest in his heart.

Believe he was instrumental with getting the council on board with us taking over CoMS after The Commonwealth Games

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.