Frankie Boyle dumped by C4 for Paralympic comments

Banned Tosspot said:
Well it looks like the folk that like him will have to shell out cash to see him as he's slowly but surely being taken off TV.

Well what a tremendous victory that is for democracy and free speech.
A comedian hounded off one of our biggest mainstream media outlets because a few folk get offended by proxy.
What next - book burnings and censorship of playwrights?
Better make it retrospective and ban the ancient Greeks and that Shakespeare pervert for having bestiality,incest,necrophilia,infanticide,paedophilia and a whole lot more in their works.
We had this shit years ago in the states when Bill Hicks was banned from the Letterman show for daring to suggest that god might not exist,and that maybe lax laws on firearms were not a great idea,because the religious right got up on their hind legs.
Let's have Flandersvision - a TV network with no sex,no swearing,no controversy,and no fucking programmes worth watching - just Heartbeat,Songs Of Praise and Escape To The Country played on a loop.
No need to panic folks - the moral majority are in control,and they know what's best for you.

BlueSniffer said:
I just don't find him funny. His only way of staying in the spotligh by making offensive comments. Jim Jeffries, now he's funny!
Oh the irony and Jeffries is a **** of a human being.

I had to chucke at something he wrote last week about George Galloway's 'insensitive' reference to Julian Assange's alleged assault of some unfortunate female;-
''I've had sex with my bird when she was asleep, but the difference is she was awake when I started.''

talkativesprout said:
SWP's back said:
BlueSniffer said:
I just don't find him funny. His only way of staying in the spotligh by making offensive comments. Jim Jeffries, now he's funny!
Oh the irony and Jeffries is a **** of a human being.

Funny though
I used to think so. Now I turn the TV off when I see the ****.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Banned Tosspot said:
Well it looks like the folk that like him will have to shell out cash to see him as he's slowly but surely being taken off TV.

Well what a tremendous victory that is for democracy and free speech.
A comedian hounded off one of our biggest mainstream media outlets because a few folk get offended by proxy.
What next - book burnings and censorship of playwrights?
Better make it retrospective and ban the ancient Greeks and that Shakespeare pervert for having bestiality,incest,necrophilia,infanticide,paedophilia and a whole lot more in their works.
We had this shit years ago in the states when Bill Hicks was banned from the Letterman show for daring to suggest that god might not exist,and that maybe lax laws on firearms were not a great idea,because the religious right got up on their hind legs.
Let's have Flandersvision - a TV network with no sex,no swearing,no controversy,and no fucking programmes worth watching - just Heartbeat,Songs Of Praise and Escape To The Country played on a loop.
No need to panic folks - the moral majority are in control,and they know what's best for you.
Luckily we have the internet now and we must protect this bastion of freedom from every single assault on it. Fortunately it is a medium that is intrinsically extremely difficult to control.

talkativesprout said:
SWP's back said:
talkativesprout said:
Funny though

With all due respect and no disrespect, how can you judge him whilst he is doing is job if not watching?
Because he came to an afterparty at my house after a gig at the comedy store a few years back. And he's a complete ****. He was my favourite comedian until that night.

SWP's back said:
talkativesprout said:
SWP's back said:

With all due respect and no disrespect, how can you judge him whilst he is doing is job if not watching?
Because he came to an afterparty at my house after a gig at the comedy store a few years back. And he's a complete ****. He was my favourite comedian until that night.

I think Joe Barton is a **** of a man, but whilst on the field he is a good footballer, dare i say it, so are Giggs and Rooney, but good at the day job

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.