Frankie Boyle dumped by C4 for Paralympic comments

Skashion said:
People who don't find him funny, ironically, are part of the reason so many do, because someone who doesn't believe what he's saying, can offend them enough to complain or be outraged and indignant. They're the people who are the butt of his jokes. The other reason people like him is because he's so fucking quick. Most comedians might spend a year or even two perfecting the same stand-up routine, which will be funny, and then film it. Frankie Boyle can do it off the cuff so he can post them every minute on Twitter or put down a heckler with absurd ease. I think Frankie Boyle is just about the only stand-up at the moment who could survive Whose Line is it Anyway. Possibly Jimmy Carr as well.

spot on dude

very very clever man!!!

Skashion said:
People who don't find him funny, ironically, are part of the reason so many do, because someone who doesn't believe what he's saying, can offend them enough to complain or be outraged and indignant. They're the people who are the butt of his jokes. The other reason people like him is because he's so fucking quick. Most comedians might spend a year or even two perfecting the same stand-up routine, which will be funny, and then film it. Frankie Boyle can do it off the cuff so he can post them every minute on Twitter or put down a heckler with absurd ease. I think Frankie Boyle is just about the only stand-up at the moment who could survive Whose Line is it Anyway. Possibly Jimmy Carr as well.
Trust me mate he just isn't funny.
Not one bit
And neither is jimmy Carr.

The cookie monster said:
Skashion said:
Trust me mate he just isn't funny.
Not one bit
And neither is jimmy Carr.

So he has to trust you that he isn't funny????

You should patent that trick, would make a mint!!

Skashion said:
I don't find him offensive.....but I don't find him funny either...my lad loves him but he just ain't for me...

He's hilarious.

hand_wringing.jpg

I don't find him funny. Seems to try too hard with his 'look at me saying controversial things' routine. Pretty unimaginative stuff.

Fair play to him though for spotting a gap in the market for that kind of comic. He's done well for himself.

What's the difference between Frankie Boyle and poking fun at the disabled and Bernard Manning and his racial undertones?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.