Franny Lee The Chairman

Franny saved our club from oblivion. He was handed the wheel of the Titanic five minutes before it was due to hit the iceberg at full speed, and idiots still blame him for the hull damage.

He turned this club around after Swales's two decades of mismanagement and got us back on the road to the top. People will always associate him with the mad scramble for the lifeboats and ful scale panic, but he kept the ship intact and made sure we could repair the damage.

We've only just recovered from what Swales did to us.

Blue Train said:
Franny saved our club from oblivion. He was handed the wheel of the Titanic five minutes before it was due to hit the iceberg at full speed, and idiots still blame him for the hull damage.

He turned this club around after Swales's two decades of mismanagement and got us back on the road to the top. People will always associate him with the mad scramble for the lifeboats and ful scale panic, but he kept the ship intact and made sure we could repair the damage.

absolute rubbish.

he never spent 1 penny of his (toilet roll ) wealth on city,

yet kept his shares up till the thaksin takeover. and made a mint.

Blue Train said:

I partly agree that Swales mismanaged the club, but the blame for bringing the worst professional manager in the history of the modern English game lays solely at his feet.

Blue Train said:

I would go with this one.His downside was his choice in manager.He never had enough cash to turn it round fully,but with his limited financial input he did the correct things.The ironic thing is,if he had luck on the pitch,i e,Ball did the buisness ,he may still be here now and City could be no worse,no better than Everton.Life is full of twists and turns and maybe Balls cock ups are our current good fortune,,Mmmm you never know.

i8therags said:
Blue Train said:

I would go with this one.His downside was his choice in manager.He never had enough cash to turn it round fully,but with his limited financial input he did the correct things.The ironic thing is,if he had luck on the pitch,i e,Ball did the buisness ,he may still be here now and City could be no worse,no better than Everton.Life is full of twists and turns and maybe Balls cock ups are our current good fortune,,Mmmm you never know.

I find it a little ironic that Ball's 4 big fuck ups, City, Stoke, Exeter and Blackpool all took until last season to return for the first time to the kind of areas in the league that their fanbase would have expected when Ball took over.

DontLookBackInAnger said:
i8therags said:
Blue Train said:

I find it a little ironic that Ball's 4 big fuck ups, City, Stoke, Exeter and Blackpool all took until last season to return for the first time to the kind of areas in the league that their fanbase would have expected when Ball took over.
true,and we are the largest one of the 4,and returned more or less at the same time the richest men on earth were looking for a big club,big fan base,and blank canvas in the trophy department.

true,and we are the largest one of the 4,and returned more or less at the same time the richest men on earth were looking for a big club,big fan base,and blank canvas in the trophy department.
I don't place all the blame at the door of Ball, but I think that shows how long when you get someone that incompetent it can take you to recover, unless you are really lucky or stop screwing up as soon as you had fired him. Leeds are in the same boat now and I can see Newcastle and Southampton going down that road and it seems to take around 15 years(and I'm guessing longer now).

Blue Train said:

I partly agree that Swales mismanaged the club, but the blame for bringing the worst professional manager in the history of the modern English game lays solely at his feet.

This is harsh. It's easy to slag off Ball but there are far worse managers out there (Brian Robson, anyone?) and we were relegated under Ball on goal difference. He actually had us playing some attractive football, particularly in the FA Cup game against the rags when we played them off the park until the ref handed them the worst penalty decision in FA Cup history.

Franny Lee turned our club around financially after Swales ran it into the ground. And that's a fact.

Blue Train said:
Blue Train said:

This is harsh. It's easy to slag off Ball but there are far worse managers out there (Brian Robson, anyone?) and we were relegated under Ball on goal difference. He actually had us playing some attractive football, particularly in the FA Cup game against the rags when we played them off the park until the ref handed them the worst penalty decision in FA Cup history.

Franny Lee turned our club around financially after Swales ran it into the ground. And that's a fact.

You can never be harsh on that pillock Ball. He was a fucking idiot who should never have been let near managing a professional football team. Robson got Boro promoted and took them to cup finals. He kept West Brom up. Ball sold our young talent and fucked it up with established stars like Walsh and Coton. He dropped Coton for fucking Ike Immel. He bought some real shite. He had us timewasting when we needed to score to stay up for fucks sake. The bloke was well out of his depth. We played better stuff under Horton.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.