Fred Eyre on 5Live

This thread is embarassing - Fred is a top fellow who loves City.

He's got a dry Manc humour - people who don't get it are probably glory hunting dicks from outside the City!

SalfordCityBlue said:
Have to turn off whenever I hear that miserable ****'s voice on the radio.

He is a relic of 'Typical City' and should be put out to pasture. His woe is me attitude has no place anymore.

Watch yourself with these comments.

Are you not aware that any celebrity who supports MCFC then they are immune from any criticism whatsoever?

Fred Eyre, Jimmy Wagg, Eddie Large, Noel & Liam......these names are beyond reproach and woebetide anybody who slags them off.

Apart from that you can all 'carry on' with your free speech.

1_barry_conlon said:
Watch yourself with these comments.

Are you not aware that any celebrity who supports MCFC then they are immune from any criticism whatsoever?

Fred Eyre, Jimmy Wagg, Eddie Large, Noel & Liam......these names are beyond reproach and woebetide anybody who slags them off.

Apart from that you can all 'carry on' with your free speech.

lol.

I am sure he's a nice bloke and all that, but there is no denying that he comes across as a moaning, miserable, negative bloke on the radio.

It makes us sound bad - we get enough negativity and criticism from those with an agenda against us not to need it from a 'top blue' as well.

Because of him, Gleghorn and Wagg I have now completely stopped listening to Radio Manchester.

salfordpaul said:
I know Fred personally and I find this thread distastfull.

"think he's a closet red" - give your head a wobble!

Fred is man city through and through and not afraid to show it! I was at a charity night at the Willows, Salford and Fred was comparing. Any way everyone was playing stand up bingo and I eventually won it!..The prize was a tour round yoonited and vouchers for their shop! Fred gave it me both barrels,as well as the rags there, I was a small number of city at the do! ( I didn't accept the prize)

Fred cares deeply about city going back to his childhood. In my view talks a lot of sense. Why can't he make negative comments...it is HIS view. Everyone on here comes on and talks negative at times..whats the difference?

He has a lot of knowledge in and around the club and well thought of! I'm sure not everyone on here agrees with everything mancini says and does!

Don't turn on a fellow blue you tits!

tongue in cheek comment springs to mind.
listen, i listen to him every week, i dont care how long hes been around city he is negative and miserable on the air. im sure hes a lovely man in reality, i dont know him, can only comment on what i know.

He's pretty much my favourite pundit. His knowledge of City and football as a whole is immense and whilst he can at times come across as a bit of a misery, I never doubt that he just says it as he sees it as opposed to just going along with the established media line. If I miss a match, I would trust his assessment of it far more than someone like Gleghorn, for example, who doesn't seem to have a clue what he is going on about. And comparing him to nob ends like Lawrenson would be way too disrespectful, Fred is a league above the usual suspects who offer their opinions on the game in the media.

One of the nicest blokes I have met, City through and through.

Has always got time for the ordinary City fan.

Fred is now in regular touch and offering support to the legendary Neil Young.

A top guy.

robsta said:
Fred is a top guy and a blue through and through. I didn't hear him today but he is usually spot on with what he says. He's not anti City at all. He loves the club and is just like us he wants the best for us. If he sees a player not quite doing it, then he will say so, just like us.
If he said "our friends united" then I'm sure it was tongue in cheek but remember he is also from a generation when players from both clubs mixed socially. No one slags Mike Summerbee off for standing next to George Best.

I know Fred, he was a mate of my Dad's before my Dad passed away. I hate to see other Blues slag him off. If any of you met him you would understand what a top guy he is.

I spent a very enjoyable couple of hours talking City and football with Mr Eyre and a top bloke he was. He's forgotten more about football than those posters slagging him off know. 'Miserable' isn't the way i'd describe him either.

Fred Eyre is a City legend.

Does all the supporters clubs, helps the club out in loads of ways, he defends City on many, many occasions.

Wrote probably the best football book I've ever read, heard his after-dinner stuff which is brilliant... knows the game inside out.

However... I would agree that on radio he does come across as a bit of an old moaner, but all you need to do is look on here for comments from City fans ... and they also sound like old moaners!

Some people care so much about City it comes across as negativity such is their desire for City to be the very best they can be...

IMARRIEDBLUEMOON said:
He's the only commentator that can make me feel depressed even when we win. A 'glass half full' merchant. e.g. when commentating on Richards goal he said that Richards had scuffed it and it wasnt even a shot. On Sky that night they were playing it over and over as a candidate for goal of the month.
THAT is the kind of thing i mean. I hate having to listen to him when the radio is the last resort.

So you don't accept football is about opinions? So you believe sky because they said it was a good goal?

Maybe sometimes his opinions differ from yours, does'nt mean they are always wrong though

Very disappointed to read the negative comments about Fred - as others have said he is a passionate, intelligent and very funny (dry) Blue through and through who wrote one of the finest football books you will ever read.

As for being a slight 'moaner' or pessimist - isn't that the fundamental quality every Blue needs?!

And if you ever get chance to attend a dinner he is either speaking at or compEring at - he is absolutely brilliant.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.