Free Gig at City tonight

Sorry fellas, i just don't like generic Manchester bands. Nothing makes me cringe more than the 'Madchester' muppets like the Roses, Happy Mondays, even though they were a bit later, Oasis. There's so much more to music in Manchester then mugs like those, the Courteeners, Kid British and Twisted bloody Wheel. It's three-chord rubbish, anyone could make it. There are so many good gignights in Manchester, loads of new bands, great venues, leave all this shite in the past and move on.

pardoe said:
Sorry fellas, i just don't like generic Manchester bands. Nothing makes me cringe more than the 'Madchester' muppets like the Roses, Happy Mondays, even though they were a bit later, Oasis. There's so much more to music in Manchester then mugs like those, the Courteeners, Kid British and Twisted bloody Wheel. It's three-chord rubbish, anyone could make it. There are so many good gignights in Manchester, loads of new bands, great venues, leave all this shite in the past and move on.

The music in Manchester at the minute is booming with those three bands leading the way!

Petetheblu said:
pardoe said:
Kid British are the shittest Manchester band of all time. Cringeworthy, absolutely horrible two-bob pantomime nonsense. Might aswell listen to UB40 or Reverend and the f*cking Makers.

The Answering Machine, that's a proper band. Buy their LP and hear some decent music. So much crap comes out of Manchester nowadays, just because bands are Blue doesn't make them good, see Oasis as a case in point.

Far to much FREE beer!!!! :)
It was FREE why not drink as much FREE beer as you can!?

pardoe said:

Chillout Glynn, everyone has their own opinions and musical tastes.

pardoe said:

Yerr I've got to admit that I was pretty low when Status Quo did'nt turn up...They rock man!!! :(

Immaculate Pasta said:
The music in Manchester at the minute is booming with those three bands leading the way!

Matter of opinion, innit.

Manchester's well behind cities like Glasgow, Leeds, Edinburgh, Sheffield and obviously London nowaydays, in terms of good bands. It's been left behind, as new bands try to emulate the older ones instead of doing their own thing.

Only really good Manchester bands of late have been Elbow, The Answering Machine, Liam Frost & Alfie. The Whip are okay, and Dutch Uncles, Delphic and I Am Kloot, but those aside you can ignore anything going back as far as The Smiths, Buzzcocks, Joy Division and The Chameleons. Just my opinion, though, i must stress.

ell said:
pardoe said:
Kid British are the shittest Manchester band of all time. Cringeworthy, absolutely horrible two-bob pantomime nonsense. Might aswell listen to UB40 or Reverend and the f*cking Makers.

The Answering Machine, that's a proper band. Buy their LP and hear some decent music. So much crap comes out of Manchester nowadays, just because bands are Blue doesn't make them good, see Oasis as a case in point.

LOL at this nonsense post
At least he didn't end with, FACT!
The Oasis bit is just plain daft.

pardoe said:

I like both Kid British and Reverend and the Makers :( You twat :P

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.