French politics | Macron calls shock GE

Difficult to say whether this is a brave or foolhardy move from Macron at the moment. Either way, it’s pretty depressing to see the rise of the far right across Europe again (and, indeed, Britain). Grim stuff.
I think young people in particular are really fed up with the way it’s all going for them to be honest. Plus the threat of Russia in Europe. Plays right into their hands this though! Bit of a concern. The world is so messed up currently.

A similar revolt has also happened in Germany. Italy and Holland are already there. We often view the Europeans in some higher regard but their politics is clearly as polarised as ours.

It's ironic but in a few years time the UK could be left with the only 'left-wing' or even pro-EU government in Europe!

A similar revolt has also happened in Germany. Italy and Holland are already there. We often view the Europeans in some higher regard but their politics is clearly as polarised as ours.

It's ironic but in a few years time the UK could be left with the only 'left-wing' or even pro-EU government in Europe!

It'll take more than a few years for the Greens to be in government over here but I admire your optimism.

Wonderful thing European unity.

I think young people in particular are really fed up with the way it’s all going for them to be honest. Plus the threat of Russia in Europe. Plays right into their hands this though! Bit of a concern. The world is so messed up currently.
There was an article stating exactly that on the BBC website a few days ago. I posted a link in the “Germanys Far Right” thread.
People who feel ignored and disenfranchised vote for extreme things because they are fed up of the status quo. It’s Brexit in another form.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.