Frenkie de Jong

I confess I dont know too much about this guy as I’ve only seen him play a couple of times. He looks like a good player and clearly the number of clubs that were after him before he moved to Barcelona and the fact that they paid €75m for a 22 year old indicates that people who know more than me also think he’s good.

We need a DM to back up Rodri. If the reports in the Mail are true Gundo could be leaving so we need another midfielder. I understand DeJong can play both these position so on that basis it makes sense.

i can’t see us laying another large amount of cash so a trade deal looks more likely - maybe Jesus and/or Sterling ?

Surprises me the amount of people who think a swap deal would be possible.

Barca need the money on the accounts and looking at the players we may have to sign, I think we may well prefer.

Not saying the possibility of De Jong going City and Sterling going Barca (although I do doubt it), but the reality is if a deal would be done it would be 2 separate ones as that would suit both parties much more.

Barca need the money on the accounts and looking at the players we may have to sign, I think we may well prefer.

Not saying the possibility of De Jong going City and Sterling going Barca (although I do doubt it), but the reality is if a deal would be done it would be 2 separate ones as that would suit both parties much more.
I assume Barca will have some cash to spend this summer. It looked at one point like they might miss the CL but on the basis they will be in next year and some big earners have moved on they will have some scope to spend. Nothing like the top clubs though.

They have a lot tied up in FDJ so a swap + cash might be good for them.

When's the last time a cash + player swap happened outside of Italy?

We pretty much did it with Otamendi and Dias.

I'm sure the accountancy nerds will put me in my place but essentially Danilo/ Cancelo and Otamendi/ Dias were just swaps with extra money going the other way.

Although they supposedly were separate deals, the effect was the same. They buy our player for a smaller fee and we buy theirs for a bigger one.

My rationale is simply that having spent a chunk of money on Haaland we won’t be keen to spend another large amount. Also, the word is Barcelona are looking for “free” transfers so quality players for zero cash May suit them.

My rationale is simply that having spent a chunk of money on Haaland we won’t be keen to spend another large amount. Also, the word is Barcelona are looking for “free” transfers so quality players for zero cash May suit them.

We haven't really spent much on Haaland in terms of amortised FFP accounting, given his relatively low transfer fee and long contract length

We haven't really spent much on Haaland in terms of amortised FFP accounting, given his relatively low transfer fee and long contract length
I understand the amortisation but I heard that we had to pay the release fee in cash - that’s £51m - add signing and agents fees and that’s a large chunk of money out of your cash flow.

Yeah, my inference was that I’m not sure we have been that clever in the market since Khaldoon said that.

I don't know. The outlay for Alvarez and Haaland has been next to nothing in modern terms. Losing Torres was disappointing, but if he doesn't want to be here...

Grealish...he's yet to reach full potential for me. However the clause was 100 mill so if we wanted him we had to pay Villa. However, a number of our previous signings were shite, before getting into gear. Toure for example.

I think we should only assess a player, or the transfer after say two or three seasons.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.