Frenkie de Jong

Has it already been three seasons at Barcelona? I just looked up the list of trophies he has won and was surprised a bit. One Dutch league. One Dutch domestic cup. One Spanish domestic cup. For a highly reputed player, he really isn't a winner, or his career choices haven't been good.

I have seen him only once, in his national team match. I am curious because he may actually come in next season. If he is wearing the shirt, hopefully, he will fulfill what will be asked of him, which is to be Gundogan's replacement.
He may end up taking on a bigger role

He may end up taking on a bigger role
This is the part that makes me curious. In one appearance of him I had seen, he was in a Pirlo role. To describe him charitably, he was a playmaker. Equally, he was holding on to the ball too much and was depending on the 10 in front of him to make the crucial play. In a City eleven, he will either need to be quick-thinking like Gundogan or be a dedicated 10, which is where De Bruyne is. I guess he might actually be De Bruyne's successor. Given his age and injury record, this is also needed.

Doesn't sound like this is idle twitter gossip.

Pep has already spoken about the need to freshen up and about 5 or 6 players in the academy. We now know that Fern and Gundo are going and they are big boots to fill. Raz has possibly stopped improving in the way he was so moving on could be a good thing for him and us.
If we had a list of people we want to stay, most fans would have others filling the top of that list (from a playing perspective) - Bernardo, KDB, Phil and Rodri, for example.

This is the part that makes me curious. In one appearance of him I had seen, he was in a Pirlo role. To describe him charitably, he was a playmaker. Equally, he was holding on to the ball too much and was depending on the 10 in front of him to make the crucial play. In a City eleven, he will either need to be quick-thinking like Gundogan or be a dedicated 10, which is where De Bruyne is. I guess he might actually be De Bruyne's successor. Given his age and injury record, this is also needed.

Doesn't sound like this is idle twitter gossip.
Bingo

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.