Frenkie de Jong

Phil a star 7? He is a superstar 10 in my view
I think he has been earmarked to be a 10. Even after an excellent display as a 10 by Foden, Guardiola mentions that Foden is still in transition. Foden does have the skills. A middle triangle of Foden, De Jong, and Haaland should be electifying. Just need pace on the flank to complement them.

Like de jong but don’t think he wants to leave . We need to move on and not get dragged into a full summer of wasted time .

I know we’re talking about him being a great replacement for Gundo, but another aspect is the future health of KDB.

It’s an awful thing to prepare for, but with Gundo out we need to prepare for potential games without him and KDB. I think it becomes clearer that a player like FDJ becomes all that more important.

He’ll give us max flexibility throughout the whole year.

I confess I dont know too much about this guy as I’ve only seen him play a couple of times. He looks like a good player and clearly the number of clubs that were after him before he moved to Barcelona and the fact that they paid €75m for a 22 year old indicates that people who know more than me also think he’s good.

We need a DM to back up Rodri. If the reports in the Mail are true Gundo could be leaving so we need another midfielder. I understand DeJong can play both these position so on that basis it makes sense.

i can’t see us laying another large amount of cash so a trade deal looks more likely - maybe Jesus and/or Sterling ?

this guy cannot play DM imo. same way as Rodri cannot play KDB's role.

he cannot replace even an old Busquets as a DM, defensively is not much help.

we can get away with that in games we are bound to win 4-0 at home vs shit teams, but we need Rodri's hard work, tackles, blocks etc in lot of games and in those games de Jong aint the guy to go to.
further up on the pitch maybe yes.

much more a Gundo replacement than someone to help if Rodri is out with an injury 4 months so to say.

I am ok with de Jong if we get a specific DM, even if its a young, mobile good tackle, good passer etc.

but de Jong seemingly very much wants to stay at Barca even if they are happy to shift him for financial reason or any other reason. its like does he have so much hunger for success at the highest level or stay at Barca who can only operate on the level of transfers like Torres, Aubamayeng, couple of free transfers etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.