Frenkie de Jong

I fail to how this changes anything.
De Jong signed a contract with Barcelona, not the previous board members.
That statement basically says "Hey, guess what! We've found out that, as a club, we did something illegal around your contract." How does that help Barcelona?
If the contract ends up being illegal does that not even give de jong the ability to walk for free?

I don’t think there is any chance they sue him, he would probably just stay this summer. If they still want him gone next summer then he might leave

Still an issue for the club though.

Same Legal entity…. Barcelona Fc are bound by any contract…. If the present Board want to bring proceedings against any previous Directors or Officials then they can but the agreement with DeJong was signed by someone representing the football club and was signed and negotiating in goof faith. The present contract is enforceable - in the courts if necessary.

Is it more the fact they owe him deferred wages? He’d probably take a wage cut if he left with the £17m he’s reportedly owed??
If there is debt associated with a player purchase surely agree a price then deduct the wages element pay Barca the difference and De Jung the wages direct.
His new contract with buying Club then is separate.

Reactions: CC1
If the contract ends up being illegal does that not even give de jong the ability to walk for free?

I don’t think there is any chance they sue him, he would probably just stay this summer. If they still want him gone next summer then he might leave
It would open a can of worms. If it's on his contract then it could be on most of the contracts at Barca. Players could use the same tactic to void their contracts as they are drawn up by the club not the player.

It would open a can of worms. If it's on his contract then it could be on most of the contracts at Barca. Players could use the same tactic to void their contracts as they are drawn up by the club not the player.

Might well be what they are after. Who knows with those crazy cules.

Same Legal entity…. Barcelona Fc are bound by any contract…. If the present Board want to bring proceedings against any previous Directors or Officials then they can but the agreement with DeJong was signed by someone representing the football club and was signed and negotiating in goof faith. The present contract is enforceable - in the courts if necessary.

I like the idea of goof faith. Presumably that is what anyone who wants to join Barcelona must have .....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.