Frenkie de Jong

I don't think he would be a good signing for us.

He would be fantastic at what he does, but if you look at our midfield partnership of Rodri and Gundogan, De Jong isn't bringing anything new. He's certainly not bringing a quick, physical presence.

We got Rodri when De Jong decided to go to Barcelona and now the place in our squad for a technically excellent, not particularly athletic #6 is taken.
Sorry mate but he is 10x the player Gundogan is. De Jong, Rodri and KDB is streets ahead of anything else we can put together.

I wonder if we could do a deal with Bernardo and Barca.

Apart from being young, he is no improvement on Gundogan at all, with all hype about him and for what, 35-40% of his salary. Actually I'll say it, Gundogan is much better player.

Sorry mate but he is 10x the player Gundogan is. De Jong, Rodri and KDB is streets ahead of anything else we can put together.

I wonder if we could do a deal with Bernardo and Barca.

Playing him in a Gundogan role and not at the very base of midfield is what's made him look shit for Barcelona though.

Unless Pep sees him as an obvious enough upgrade on Rodri, whereby he's still better than Rodri during settling in time, then he's not really the most necessary option. And I think Pep's a big, big fan of Rodri. So De Jong would have to be incredible to be worth it, which as good as he may be he's probably not there. He's too young and good to come in as cover as well.

I do like De Jong very muchly, but I think our priorities may lie elsewhere.

Looked great for his Nation last night and i would still love him here.

I don't think there are any better at controlling the midfield,dictating the pace,driving the game forward and destroying opposition attacks when necessary.

Something of a Gundo/Yaya hybrid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.