Friday sick club

That was Wednesdays. If you represented your station / unit at football etc you got half a day off work (sometimes a full one for away trips). I often thought it was the nearest thing to being semi-pro. Great times, although by the end of the nineties it was almost gone … so in 2001 I left - f**k working 5 full days a week ;-)
Exactly the same for me based in Germany we used to go play football in Belgium and holland, some top trips absolutely smashed out my head, god I loved it back in the 90s in Germany. I wish the wall had stayed up lol.

Previous poster who gets 8 weeks
But it’s not though, in public sector if your a shift worker you have to include weekends, when I took two weeks off it was 14 days, out my leave, a day worker takes 10 as weekends aren’t included, plus day workers get bank holidays off, shift don’t you take them in lieu so that’s 8 bank holidays on top of you annual leave. So a day worker gets say 28 days leave thats 6 weeks off give or take plus bank holidays, a shift worker gets 28 plus 8 banks, that’s 36, but they have to take them consecutively, so one week is 7 days not 5.
Pensions are a whole different issue.

But it’s not though, in public sector if your a shift worker you have to include weekends, when I took two weeks off it was 14 days, out my leave, a day worker takes 10 as weekends aren’t included, plus day workers get bank holidays off, shift don’t you take them in lieu so that’s 8 bank holidays on top of you annual leave. So a day worker gets say 28 days leave thats 6 weeks off give or take plus bank holidays, a shift worker gets 28 plus 8 banks, that’s 36, but they have to take them consecutively, so one week is 7 days not 5.
Pensions are a whole different issue.
I’m with you, I’m a shift worker too.

16 years in current job without a sick day off.

In our place we have a lot of sickness due to PDS (Pay Day Syndrome) and the recovery period, APDS (After Pay Syndrome) and in the summer we have outbreaks of SDS (Sunny Day Syndrome). Nightmare when you come down with PDS and SDS on the same day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.