Friendlies - what have we found out?

It's going to be interesting if Mancini adopts the 3-5-2 formation he has been experimenting with for the past few games.

I think he has looked at how Italy played under Prandelli at the Euros, which to be fair worked a treat at times for them. Makes you wonder though, will it result in Yaya becoming our only central midfilder with a player like De Jong dropping to the middle CB position or will he play Kompany, Lescott and either Savic/Rekik in the middle CB position for example.

If we got the dream signing of De Rossi then this formation could really work, it would be a defensive minded/ counter attacking formation and to be honest I can only see us utilising it during our European duty.

If he uses it during the Community Shield then I am pretty sure he will use it in the Premier League, only question is - which players are going to forfeit for this formation to be work?

I agree with the majority, Razak & Rekik stand out from the rest, but apart from that, if that's all we have as our home-grown future, then that future looks pretty bleak! It comes as no surprise that our EDS lost every match in the mini Champions League last season because tbh they look less than ordinary from what I've seen this pre-season.

I watched as Aresenal's kids pinged the ball about the pitch with precision against us & peppered our goal with numerous shots on target. The only thing they lacked was a cutting edge, but there was a world of difference between their kids & ours.

On the bright side, Wenger has had a 15 year head start on us & now we've had a change of regime at youth level, hopefully we can now begin to bridge the gulf in class between our EDS & the rest of Europe's top clubs. With the impending FFP, it's now more crucial than ever that we sort out our youth recruitment, training policy & structure & our new forth coming training facilities will be a great start.

sam-caddick said:
It's going to be interesting if Mancini adopts the 3-5-2 formation he has been experimenting with for the past few games.

I think he has looked at how Italy played under Prandelli at the Euros, which to be fair worked a treat at times for them. Makes you wonder though, will it result in Yaya becoming our only central midfilder with a player like De Jong dropping to the middle CB position or will he play Kompany, Lescott and either Savic/Rekik in the middle CB position for example.

This looks like a goer but may be in Europe only initially. All the talk of buying a quality CB rather thana back up CB or a utility player would suggest so.

Tevez and Aguero partnership looks like it's gonna blossom with both players starting the season fit...expecting 50+ goals from them this year.

Razac looks good enough to get some game time playing the 3-5-2 formation.

Savic looks like he needs some more game time than City can give him, I'd send him out on loan to another EPL side for the season, but have an option on him to be available for us in January.

Thought this may be worth a bump at this point. Interesting to see what we were all saying at this point last season as well....
Three poor games so far. Sunderland should see a better game as long as the pitch holds out.
I think so far we have seen signs of class from Negredo and Fernandihno, enough to excite me for the new season. I am more perplexed by the none existence of the proclaimed change in playing style. Oh, and Micha is as accident prone as ever lol

Hart of the matter said:
Thought this may be worth a bump at this point. Interesting to see what we were all saying at this point last season as well....
Three poor games so far. Sunderland should see a better game as long as the pitch holds out.
I think so far we have seen signs of class from Negredo and Fernandihno, enough to excite me for the new season. I am more perplexed by the none existence of the proclaimed change in playing style. Oh, and Micha is as accident prone as ever lol

I think the change of playing style will occur once the entire team trains a bit together. Everybody is still warming up and some major players are just getting back from an extended holiday. So far my MVP at the moment has been Fernadinho, if he continues he will certainly break into Brazil's team by World Cup time. Negredo's appearance was really good and I was actually surprised at how well Dzeko and him worked together. I'm really worried about the playing conditions in Hong Kong.

Can't wait to see how Jovetić and Navas play.

At the moment the players are probably too tired from the training required to attain the fitness levels necessary to play the new system, to play the new system.

Pre season friendlies are nearly always slow paced. Its a consequence of the daily double or triple sessions that precede them.

They will only have learnt how much fitness is improving, they will have seen what their heart rates will have been like during the game with those heart rate monitor bras they were wearing, and they will have gained improvements in balance and muscle movements (especially around the ankle joints and their core) due to the full game and the state of the pitch.

Other than that pre-season isn't really about much else.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.