Friendlies - what have we found out?

These games are not played for fans, they are played for sponsors and as advanced training sessions Mainly for the managers to gauge fitness levels, try out youngsters under match conditions and tinker with formations etc. Dont stress, come the start of the season City will be ready and they will blow many teams away as they did in 11/12.

There are more storms forecast for Saturday when City play Sunderland. Hope we don,t pick up any injuries. Spurs v Sunderland was a joke and dangerous for the players though Scudamore says it was not.

we looked fluid against south china, i was impressed considering the attacking talent we were missing.

i still think we need a left winger though with pace.

Texted my renegade Evertonian son last night after the final whistle on 80 mins(!) with the wee thought - "Nother final for the blues!' "It's only pre-season," he sez. When we got turned over in South Africa that was only preseason. Now we've stuffed a Chinese assortment it's a final. If The Mackems do us on Saturday it's back to being a preseason kickabout!

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Texted my renegade Evertonian son last night after the final whistle on 80 mins(!) with the wee thought - "Nother final for the blues!' "It's only pre-season," he sez. When we got turned over in South Africa that was only preseason. Now we've stuffed a Chinese assortment it's a final. If The Mackems do us on Saturday it's back to being a preseason kickabout!
I don't really care either way

I've said it before and I'll say it again, we always play shit in these first
few friendly games, because we're constantly experimenting with players
and giving them each some game time for fitness. Come the Audi Cup, we'll
see a much different City with a more settled side, and probably the one
that Manuel will field for the Newcastle game.

if people think after only a few weeks training in which its mostly fitness work and with some players only just coming back that were going to play out of this world football against friendlies that is mainly used for getting players match fit for the season are deluded. Sunderland game will be the same. Its a shame these games are on tv.

Thease games have no resemblance on how we will fair in the prem.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.