Friendlies - what have we found out?

Exeter Blue I am here said:
What have we found out?

1. That Kompany is utterly indispensable.

Agree. And so is silva.

2. That Micah looks better in tandem with Nav, than Zab does.

Agree

3. That Navas is what we've been crying out for.

Agree in spades

4. That for all his critics, Ya Ya is still a huge presence in the engine room.

Not sure personally. Looks slim but a bit ineffective in the deeper role

5. That without Navas we are still horribly short on pace going forward, and that if we aren't intending to buy some pace and width for the left flank, then a like for like understudy for Navas down the right mightn't be a bad idea. Callum McManaman perhaps? He's lightning quick and he's English, which would allow us to offload Sinclair without interfering with our home grown quotas.

Disagree. Creativity in abundance with silva, jovetic etc

6. That Dzeko looks reborn under Pellers and may score a hatful this season.

Agree

7. That Garcia's horrendous lack of pace and mobility make him a complete no-no at centre half, and especially not alongside Lescott. We need athletic cover for Kompany.

Agree

8. That Sinclair, Garcia and Kolarov can all be improved upon.

Agree

9. That our new signings all look like money well spent

Agree

What i have found out is quite similar to others but id still like to contribute.

* All our signings are looking really good.
* Garcia is a player i wouldnt even have in the under 9s.
* Kolarov cannot defend. Needs to leave.
* Vinny is the best CB in the world.
* We need another CB.
* We need another LB.
* We will win the league.

Didsbury Dave said:
What have we found out?

Agree. And so is silva.

Agree

Agree in spades

Not sure personally. Looks slim but a bit ineffective in the deeper role

5. That without Navas we are still horribly short on pace going forward, and that if we aren't intending to buy some pace and width for the left flank, then a like for like understudy for Navas down the right mightn't be a bad idea. Callum McManaman perhaps? He's lightning quick and he's English, which would allow us to offload Sinclair without interfering with our home grown quotas.

Disagree. Creativity in abundance with silva, jovetic etc

Agree

7. That Garcia's horrendous lack of pace and mobility make him a complete no-no at centre half, and especially not alongside Lescott. We need athletic cover for Kompany.

Agree

Agree

Agree

Kompany, Silva and Yaya are all currently indispensable.

I do think a left winger would be a good idea. You can never have too much pace in a team and we are not yet at the point where some additional creativity would not be useful. I'm in the middle on that one but I agree on all that you two have agreed on.

GX Blue said:
What i have found out is quite similar to others but id still like to contribute.

* All our signings are looking really good.
* Garcia is a player i wouldnt even have in the under 9s.
* Kolarov cannot defend. Needs to leave.
* Vinny is the best CB in the world.
* We need another CB.
* We need another LB.
* We will win the league.

I don't think that we can anoint Vinnie as the best centre back in the world just yet but if he can produce last night's form for most of the season, he may very well take that crown by the season's end. At his best he is one of those players that justifies the epithet: "imperious".

What have we found out?

I can't disagree with anything you've said. I'm sure Sinclair will leave and that we'll bring another player in (hopefully a class centre half)

I'd also like us to bring a couple of promising 16/17 year olds in for the EDS team.

Pellegrini has started very well and is a good man manager, what we needed.

4 quality signings which improve the team and its ability to work as a team.

Kompany looks back to his best, early days though.

Missing Aguero. Be fantastic to see him link with our new line-ups.

Kolarov, Garcia & Sinclair to be sold.

Barry's time is coming to an end. Happy to go with Manager's decision but I think the game we now want to play will pass him by. Sell, for me.

Experienced centre half to be bought. Injury to Kompany would be disaster. Pepe or someone of his ilk to be signed.

Left side winger, speedy like Navas but a youngster as he would have to be happy to be a fringe player.

Would not surprise me to see Nasri go. He holds on to the ball too long and I don't see him fitting in to the way we want to play. Sell, for me.

Good to see Richards back to his best. Nice to see Boyata, thought he did well at Bayern and did not deserve a yellow card, he won the ball.

Hope Guidetti gets to play 1st team and Rodwell stays fit.

Overall, really please and looking forward to Newcastle at home.

We have confirmed what most of us know..Vinny is the best defender in the world.
Dzeko is a confidence player and when he's hot he's brilliant.
Navas will destroy Premier League defences
Micah looks back to his best. He is easily England's best full-back.
All four new signings look superb
Pellegrini is cool and assured. His tactics against Bayern were spot-on and we were defeated by the referee.
Ya Ya has now got strong competition from Fernandihno
Our fringe players...Garcia, Sinclair..plus the EDS ones are a million miles away from being good enough.
We must buy a back-up centre back.
We have a great chance of winning back the title. This squad is stronger than the one which won it last time but we will still need a bit of luck.
We should do better in Europe but we are still well short of Bayern (most of the time), Dortmund, Real Madrid and Barca. We have however made great progress and can now compete with the Milans of this world.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.