Friendlies - what have we found out?

allan harper said:
shadowyu said:
allan harper said:
What I've found out is once again Germany is fucking brilliant, at the airport now, sad to go home.

Can you explain why? I am just curious.

Because their beer is fantastic
The people are really good
And
The Beer is fucking fantastic
Oh
It's hot.

P.S

The beer is fantastic

Its a shame the ref was pissed and suffering from sunstroke..

What we learned from today was that most of our 'weaknesses', for want of a better word, from last season, have not been effectively addressed. First parked bus of the season and it's a predictably toothless fail. Looked more of a threat first half with Zab overlapping Jim Bob, but second half our only pacy attacking player, Navas, was snuffed out with ease by Kieran Gibbs and in the end Wenger was able to take the piss with a 16 year old and a Colombian triallist.
Pellers will obviously need time to make his mark, but for now we look little different than in the final days of Mancini. Everything loaded down the right hand side, Nasri deployed hopelessly down the left, where his lack of pace saw him turn repeatedly back on himself, Clichy ramming his crosses into the legs of the nearest defender and so on and so on.
Pace may not be all, but it counts for a hell of a lot in the Premiership, and we just don't have it going forward. Jovetic, Negredo and Dzeko will not be effective in tight spaces, so we need someone who can go past a man and load the bullets for them. If I were Pellegrini, I would at least be thinking about Willian, cos we are going to encounter deep lying defences all season, and the outcome will frequently be the same as it was today if we don't acquire some pace, width and the ability to beat a man with the ball from somewhere

Caveman said:
They're fitter.

I thought in the first twenty minutes or so our pressing was very good and the fitness increase was evident, I do think after a while that all started to wane away and it's something we must not do if we are to play this high line.

High line defenses are reliant on intense pressing for 90mins, if you shut off the chances are you will conceed, we did and we let in three goals.

Dortmund were the prime example of perfect pressing last season, Real Madrid at home was just perfection, it was in the style of Barcelona 09.

---------------------------------------

What I have learnt is that I do not think Dzeko and Negredo can play together against the top sides, you need at least one striker - like Sergio - who will drop deep and support the build-up play.

Yaya and Fernandinho can become a top class central midfield pairing, but they have to keep their pressing intensity going for 90mins.

Defence needs a massive shake up, it just looks half the quality it was under Mancini. Kompany, Zabaleta and Micah have been class, but that left hand side is all over the place at the moment, big questions over Lescott, Kolarov and even Clichy.

Milner slows our attack down and frustrates the forwards when he has the moment to cross the ball into the box and doesn't, Navas brings pace in attack, good crossing ability, and creates space for Silva to operate better.

Overall I think we have been OK to decent during pre-season, until the season starts and we have had a few weeks of playing PL football we cannot judge anything properly yet, I do think Pellegrini will go into the market again and I think he will look at a central defender, maybe a midfielder to replace Barry and and attacking player to replace Sinclair.

Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
blue underpants said:
We have found out that we are going to miss Tevez more than we thought

[bigimg]http://traffic-masters.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Fishing-For-Web-Traffic.jpg[/bigimg]
No im not!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.