Friendlies - what have we found out?

bluebannana said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
jackrussel said:
vlad no where good enough
Better than johnson

is he hell better than johnson, one of the most underated players at city
Not really he was awful last season especially Sunderland away when he couldn't even beat Sunderlands 3rd choice left back once. Weiss is only 22 while Johnson is 25 so I can see him improiving in the future unlike Johnson. However personally I don't think either are good enough to be our first choice wingers, I think we should cash in on Johnson, bring in a top draw young winger and use weiss as back up.

greasedupdeafguy said:
bluebannana said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Better than johnson

is he hell better than johnson, one of the most underated players at city
Not really he was awful last season especially Sunderland away when he couldn't even beat Sunderlands 3rd choice left back once. Weiss is only 22 while Johnson is 25 so I can see him improiving in the future unlike Johnson. However personally I don't think either are good enough to be our first choice wingers, I think we should cash in on Johnson, bring in a top draw young winger and use weiss as back up.

Weiss is not even good enough to play the part of Johnson in a pantomime. He's nowhere near even on the same planet.

He has the talent to be better, but has no idea what to do on a football pitch, ever.

Was a point when both Johnson and Weiss ended up standing beside each other as the game was played around them. Neither has the pace to hurt an opponent seriously on the wing, though both are skilful players, yet not sufficiently skilful to play centrally for us.

Gabriel said:
Was a point when both Johnson and Weiss ended up standing beside each other as the game was played around them. Neither has the pace to hurt an opponent seriously on the wing, though both are skilful players, yet not sufficiently skilful to play centrally for us.

I noticed this. I have enjoyed watching AJs goals again on Season DVD but do wonder about his tactical brain. Shame he has become just an impact sub. Weiss strikes me as too similar. Unlike some on here I am not convinced we need out and out wingers but we do need someone who can deliver killer crosses.

Razak can get easily bothered when opponents try to press and dispossess him. But his passing is already there so that's a relief. But AJ really has to step his game up.

Marvin said:
Hart of the matter said:
AJ worries me. Looked out of sorts yesterday.
The pass for Kompany's goal was outstanding. Made it look simple, but it was just perfect and required a lot of skill. That's typical AJ. Quiet but nearly always has a crucial part to play in every game

The most under rated player at City

-- Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:37 am --

I missed the Besiktas friendly, but watched the 10 min video on <a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk</a>

Very impressed with the intensity of the game, and quality of goals.

The outstanding feature of the game was the fitness and commitment of Tevez given what he is capable of when he is on his game.

Most overrated English player imo, due to hype on MOTD and a few worldies when we're running a team ragged. Compounded with the double chin and the stench of ambivalence from the lad. Get rid.

Rekik is the business and I expect we will see more of him in the first team this season.

Razak needs to stop believing the hype and keep working hard.He has plenty of potential but gets sloppy/lazy for me.Where he could rely on his strength at the younger ages he now needs to add more pure footballing ability.So far I have seen very little going forward as a midfield player but if he keeps his focus right I expect he will fill in in midfield a bit this season.

Weiss I just don't see as a City player.Clearly plenty of ability but still misses out on the final pass/cross/shot.

Evans,great to see a local lad involved and I think he is a good footballer but not at the level we are looking.

Lopes,fascinating to see him play in each game and usually with the better players out there.Clearly not ready yet but equally clearly rated by Mancini.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.