Friendlies - what have we found out?

LoveCity had a very good post but to provide a concise summary...

Fitness = Work in Progress

Rekik, Lopes, Evans = Promising

Razak, Biton, Helan = Jury is Out

Tevez, Kompany, Yaya = Look Up For It

Dzeko = Speculate, speculate, speculate

Rammyblues said:
I was quiet impressed with that Lopez lad who is only 16.

Really?I didn't think he displayed anything like the promise described,he lost the ball continually and made no incisive runs or passes.

Biton showed real potential and,last night particularly,Razak looked very promising - just needs to stay focused and grounded.

Tevez needs to be kept,him and Kun will be awesome together.

Still require a centre half.

Weiss and Scapuzzi not good enough,young Mancini -WTF??

Re: Is Rekik the reason we have not bought a centre half?

Cobwebcat said:
Imagine Kompany out for a couple of months.... Would we win the league?
Yes, we did last season

Re: Is Rekik the reason we have not bought a centre half?

SWP's back said:
Cobwebcat said:
Imagine Kompany out for a couple of months.... Would we win the league?
Yes, we did last season

To be fair (and this is the same meaning I and others have intended) I believe he means for an extended period of time a la Vidic for United.

And the answer is we would have at least 18 fewer points. He really is our rock and lucky or unlucky for us is five times the player Vidic is, otherwise United would not have been close to us.

This isn't a reaction to the goal he scored last night but it reminded me of a conversation I was having with a mate when Yaya was at AFCON.
If we had a reliable CB to partner Lescott then I think Kompany could easily fill Yaya's position if we lose him to injury etc. We have seen him getting up the pitch countless times and doing well with the ball, has the same ariel threat as Yaya(if not better) and has the training in a similar position.
He would definitely be a better replacement for Yaya than Milner or Barry filling that spot next to Nige.
But it's the CB that is the problem, how did people think Kolo looked? I've only seen the highlights

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.