Friendly v Jamaica

I’m not sure if this a dream I’ve had but I remember in the 90s city played a friendly against Jamaica at Maine Road? I remember watching it with my dad. I might have been England tho? It was definitely at Maine road. Does any else remember it?

It was before the 1998 World Cup, I think. It DID happen. I remember having a conversation with a friend of mine disccusing World Cup betting - I recall Jamaica were diabolical and couldn;t beat one of the worst City teams ever.

They were dire - but did actually win a match at the World Cup - Robbie Earle scored the winner against either Japan or South Korea

I’m not sure if this a dream I’ve had but I remember in the 90s city played a friendly against Jamaica at Maine Road? I remember watching it with my dad. I might have been England tho? It was definitely at Maine road. Does any else remember it?
Yup! I was there for this most curious of matches. The tasty smell of spicy chicken & weed will linger in the memory for life. :-)

How many loyalty points did you get for attending? :-)

I lived in Moss Side at the time and it seemed like the majority of the Jamaica ‘fans’ were just locals with no interest in football whatsoever.

We were in the North Stand and were almost like the only football fans in sight. Kept bumping into women off our estate, dressed up like they were off to Carnival, greeting me like an old lost friend. My mate who was a bit of a hooligan and thought it might be a decent fighting opportunity having no segregation, kept looking at me in total confusion. His brain just couldn’t compute with what the fuck was going on.

Weird night but good fun.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.